Air Pegula in Phoenix, rumored for JJ Nelson

YoloinOhio

Thanks man...this looks promising

It kinda does actually. Some of the reviews say bland, and when I think hot dog chili sauce, I think 'double ground' on the beef should be about the first thing the author emphasizes, but the ingredients look close enough to right.

Ima hope this thread is where I find that elusive hot dog chili sauce recipe I've been looking for for decades now. )

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In far more important news, the second Az Teds location opens soon.

When the first one opened in Tempe there was a second one in Glendale. That didn't stay open for very long. Maybe a year or two I can't remember. I think the story was that Spiro retired to AZ, immediately got bored, so he opened two in Phx area, but didn't want to bother going back and forth between the two, which were pretty far away from each other. So he closed the other one down. That was 25 or more years ago. The Tempe one is still packed all the time.

no but do you have any recipes to share or

I plan to make some braised short ribs on Saturday.

I'm going to season heavily with salt/pepper, and then sear them in coconut oil to get the outsides nice and crisp. Then I'll remove them to a foil pan and drop a chopped onion in the saute pan to cook down.

Once the onion is softened, I'll add a hefty spoonful of tomato paste and some chopped garlic and cook that down for 4-5 minutes. De-glaze with a bottle of red cooking wine (because I've got some sitting in the pantry) and reduce by half is the plan.

I'm then going to pour the reduction over the short ribs and add beef stock as necessary to get the ribs at least half-submerged. Then it's into the oven at 350 for 3-4 hours until they're fork tender.

I'll probably make rice to go with them because I'm lazy, and I have basmati sitting in my pantry next to the cooking wine :lol:

Edited by thebandit27

I plan to make some braised short ribs on Saturday.

I'm going to season heavily with salt/pepper, and then sear them in coconut oil to get the outsides nice and crisp. Then I'll remove them to a foil pan and drop a chopped onion in the saute pan to cook down.

Once the onion is softened, I'll add a hefty spoonful of tomato paste and some chopped garlic and cook that down for 4-5 minutes. De-glaze with a bottle of red cooking wine (because I've got some sitting in the pantry) and reduce by half is the plan.

I'm then going to pour the reduction over the short ribs and add beef stock as necessary to get the ribs at least half-submerged. Then it's into the oven at 350 for 3-4 hours until they're fork tender.

I'll probably make rice to go with them because I'm lazy, and I have basmati sitting in my pantry next to the cooking wine :lol:

This sounds great.