Air Pegula in Phoenix, rumored for JJ Nelson

YoloinOhio

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but Jordan Matthews arrived via Buffalo Airport and they send the private jet for JJ Nelson? Not likely. This is the only site that has any report of this being a possibility. Not going to hold my breath on this one.

But keep in mind, this site also reported Ritchie kicked Dareus' ass in the parking lot of the Mongolian Buffet because he forgot the coupon...so there's that.

Bloke, what's your Twitter handle?

The JJ Nelson Story:

Yesterday was a busy one. About 8:30 yesterday I got the FlightAware email that one of Pegula's jets was flying to Kansas City and on to Phoenix. Wheeler airport in KC is often used by Pegula as a waypoint to eat and refuel, but it's darn close to the Chiefs' facilities. We knew that Ragland was not a fit for the 4-3, and that Preston Brown was killing it, so I tweeted that a trade could be going down between Bills and Chiefs (DraftTek's Chiefs Analyst has 3-4 MLB listed as a team need).

When the trade with KC was announced, I felt vindicated, as I was taking some heat on Twitter. I decided to check reasons why the jet was on to Phoenix, and started checking WR. I went to Ourlads depth chart of the Cardinals first, as they seem to be most up to date. There was a glut of WRs, Fitz, the 2 Browns, Nelson, Chad Williams, Aaron Dobson, John Ross, etc. I checked several articles referring to Cards WRs, and found out Nelson, likely one of the five fastest men in the NFL, was in HC Ariens' doghouse. Besides, Nelson hardly played in the 3rd preseason game; when they needed to take the top off the Falcons' defense, they used John Ross and later Aaron Dobson. Perhaps JJ Nelson had become expendable with Ross being drafted.

I posted my thoughts on Twitter. A head of a startup sports network, GGSN, tweeted that "sources" he'd spoken with had said JJ Nelson was the guy, and that Bills were trading their acquired Ragland pick for him. This opened a storm of scoffs from pundits saying this was a conditional pick, and couldn't be used as such. That's a story for a different day. I also direct messaged Chris Brown, lead reporter, who said Nelson was on his list of possible acquisitions in a Ragland trade, but that he hadn't heard anything.

The jet stayed in PHX about 24 hours. The flight plan was scheduled for PHX to KC, but not to BUF, so I assumed a Cardinals player is being dropped off in KC, and that the Bills are spending the night in Kansas City. An hour later, I get another FlightAware email saying they'll proceed to BUF for a 9:35 arrival. FlightAware sends me another email saying the Bills' flight home was delayed in KC, and won't be taking off until 8:35, arriving back in BUF at 11:35.

We'll find out soon, but my money will be on the speed WR, JJ Nelson. He received almost zero snaps, he's the speed we lost by trading Sammy and releasing Listenbee and waiving Rashad Ross. WR is the Cardinals ' biggest glut. He's in Ariens' doghouse, and the PHX paper says he's on the bubble. Second would be Aaron Dobson, likely the Cards' sixth receiver, and still a 4.4 guy (JJ is 4.28). A distant third would be QB, but I don't want to go there.

...Astro.

TCBIlls_Astro

I'm exhausted just reading this--but it's very interesting to read about the work and thought process that went into all this. good stuff.

Folks, I was wrong on this one.

I over-relied on FlightAware (jet was leased by someone other than Bills) and on GGSN (who have had questionable "Breaking News" stories).

I'll try to do better than this.

Astro

Just for that, we're knocking your title of Training Camp Reporter to Training Camp Junior Reporter.