Air Pegula in Phoenix, rumored for JJ Nelson

YoloinOhio

It was an AZ media guy who tweeted it.

They don't get the internet in Arizona?

OK so maybe the rumor didn't originate here but it makes me think we could start a thread that did end up getting some play. Now is a good time with the Bills making all these trades and the season starting soon. I'd say it would have to be a non-blockbuster but also not a yawner. Dareus seems obvious but might be too big a rumor. Dareus for Bortles rumor? Someone could start a thread about having heard something and a few others can him in with Hmmm I didn't hear that but it makes sense because I heard....etc. I think there is a good chance it gets play on Twitter and maybe eventually gets reported as a rumor.

The players I could see being believable: Clay, Glenn, Shaq, Dareus, Hughes, Lorax. Of those I think Hughes works best. A team with a need for a pass rush guy that is on the verge of contending would be the recipient and based on which team that is, we could get back a pick or WR/OL/scrap heap Gabbert type QB. Jax, Philly or Chargers would also work because of Marrone/Schwartz/Lynn. We could probably figure out a scenario to make the whole thing feed on itself. Hughes and Clay for Hunter Henry and a 6th?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also couldn't catch a cold and didn't have Goodwin speed.

Goodwin definitely the best of the 3.

on the field goodwin was more agile. straight line speed, graham seemed faster. on the track graham blew goodwin away

I understand speed. But I also don't think we need speed for speed's sake. I don't want a decoy. Does the WC offense need someone who runs fast?

I don't care what the offensive scheme is, any team would want speed on the outside. If it's not there the S will not have to double over the top and running gets more difficult, passing over the middle gets tougher too. You need someone out there to take the top off a D once in awhile. Dennison says he believes in the Shanahan philosophy that you need 4 big plays to win, so you need to try 8. Speed = big plays. I noticed Shanahan sent Goodwin on a deep post the other night, TD. They blew the coverage, but speed takes advantage of that.

Anyone tracking the jet? Wondering if it is still there

On the way back, be here about 11:15. Stopped in KC again. That means Ragland failed his physical and we had to take him back (titty-boom) I'll be here all week.

I don't like this move at all. Tyrod can throw the deep ball to a fast receiver, but Peterman doesn't have the arm strength to hit a super fast receiver deep. We need a receiver that is kind of fast but not too fast. 4.28 speed is too fast and deep for Peterman..find one that's 4.34 - 4.40.

I don't like this move at all. Tyrod can throw the deep ball to a fast receiver, but Peterman doesn't have the arm strength to hit a super fast receiver deep. We need a receiver that is kind of fast but not too fast. 4.28 speed is too fast and deep for Peterman..find one that's 4.34 - 4.40.

We're basing roster moves on the back up QB now? Edited by JM57

JJ Nelson got me quoted on Twitter like I was an insider for a second.

I love him already :D

Bloke, what's your Twitter handle?

The JJ Nelson Story:

Yesterday was a busy one. About 8:30 yesterday I got the FlightAware email that one of Pegula's jets was flying to Kansas City and on to Phoenix. Wheeler airport in KC is often used by Pegula as a waypoint to eat and refuel, but it's darn close to the Chiefs' facilities. We knew that Ragland was not a fit for the 4-3, and that Preston Brown was killing it, so I tweeted that a trade could be going down between Bills and Chiefs (DraftTek's Chiefs Analyst has 3-4 MLB listed as a team need).

When the trade with KC was announced, I felt vindicated, as I was taking some heat on Twitter. I decided to check reasons why the jet was on to Phoenix, and started checking WR. I went to Ourlads depth chart of the Cardinals first, as they seem to be most up to date. There was a glut of WRs, Fitz, the 2 Browns, Nelson, Chad Williams, Aaron Dobson, John Ross, etc. I checked several articles referring to Cards WRs, and found out Nelson, likely one of the five fastest men in the NFL, was in HC Ariens' doghouse. Besides, Nelson hardly played in the 3rd preseason game; when they needed to take the top off the Falcons' defense, they used John Ross and later Aaron Dobson. Perhaps JJ Nelson had become expendable with Ross being drafted.

I posted my thoughts on Twitter. A head of a startup sports network, GGSN, tweeted that "sources" he'd spoken with had said JJ Nelson was the guy, and that Bills were trading their acquired Ragland pick for him. This opened a storm of scoffs from pundits saying this was a conditional pick, and couldn't be used as such. That's a story for a different day. I also direct messaged Chris Brown, lead reporter, who said Nelson was on his list of possible acquisitions in a Ragland trade, but that he hadn't heard anything.

The jet stayed in PHX about 24 hours. The flight plan was scheduled for PHX to KC, but not to BUF, so I assumed a Cardinals player is being dropped off in KC, and that the Bills are spending the night in Kansas City. An hour later, I get another FlightAware email saying they'll proceed to BUF for a 9:35 arrival. FlightAware sends me another email saying the Bills' flight home was delayed in KC, and won't be taking off until 8:35, arriving back in BUF at 11:35.

We'll find out soon, but my money will be on the speed WR, JJ Nelson. He received almost zero snaps, he's the speed we lost by trading Sammy and releasing Listenbee and waiving Rashad Ross. WR is the Cardinals ' biggest glut. He's in Ariens' doghouse, and the PHX paper says he's on the bubble. Second would be Aaron Dobson, likely the Cards' sixth receiver, and still a 4.4 guy (JJ is 4.28). A distant third would be QB, but I don't want to go there.

...Astro.

TCBIlls_Astro

Bloke, what's your Twitter handle?

The JJ Nelson Story:

Yesterday was a busy one. About 8:30 yesterday I got the FlightAware email that one of Pegula's jets was flying to Kansas City and on to Phoenix. Wheeler airport in KC is often used by Pegula as a waypoint to eat and refuel, but it's darn close to the Chiefs' facilities. We knew that Ragland was not a fit for the 4-3, and that Preston Brown was killing it, so I tweeted that a trade could be going down between Bills and Chiefs (DraftTek's Chiefs Analyst has 3-4 MLB listed as a team need).

When the trade with KC was announced, I felt vindicated, as I was taking some heat on Twitter. I decided to check reasons why the jet was on to Phoenix, and started checking WR. I went to Ourlads depth chart of the Cardinals first, as they seem to be most up to date. There was a glut of WRs, Fitz, the 2 Browns, Nelson, Chad Williams, Aaron Dobson, John Ross, etc. I checked several articles referring to Cards WRs, and found out Nelson, likely one of the five fastest men in the NFL, was in HC Ariens' doghouse. Besides, Nelson hardly played in the 3rd preseason game; when they needed to take the top off the Falcons' defense, they used John Ross and later Aaron Dobson. Perhaps JJ Nelson had become expendable with Ross being drafted.

I posted my thoughts on Twitter. A head of a startup sports network, GGSN, tweeted that "sources" he'd spoken with had said JJ Nelson was the guy, and that Bills were trading their acquired Ragland pick for him. This opened a storm of scoffs from pundits saying this was a conditional pick, and couldn't be used as such. That's a story for a different day. I also direct messaged Chris Brown, lead reporter, who said Nelson was on his list of possible acquisitions in a Ragland trade, but that he hadn't heard anything.

The jet stayed in PHX about 24 hours. The flight plan was scheduled for PHX to KC, but not to BUF, so I assumed a Cardinals player is being dropped off in KC, and that the Bills are spending the night in Kansas City. An hour later, I get another FlightAware email saying they'll proceed to BUF for a 9:35 arrival. FlightAware sends me another email saying the Bills' flight home was delayed in KC, and won't be taking off until 8:35, arriving back in BUF at 11:35.

We'll find out soon, but my money will be on the speed WR, JJ Nelson. He received almost zero snaps, he's the speed we lost by trading Sammy and releasing Listenbee and waiving Rashad Ross. WR is the Cardinals ' biggest glut. He's in Ariens' doghouse, and the PHX paper says he's on the bubble. Second would be Aaron Dobson, likely the Cards' sixth receiver, and still a 4.4 guy (JJ is 4.28). A distant third would be QB, but I don't want to go there.

...Astro.

TCBIlls_Astro

Ranks Rastro!

Guys, let's use logic here.

If the Bills traded for Nelson or any other Cardinal and they were transporting him back they would have announced the trade before the flight arrived. They would have been required to file with the league and it would have gotten out that way. Geez.

Guys, let's use logic here.

If the Bills traded for Nelson or any other Cardinal and they were transporting him back they would have announced the trade before the flight arrived. They would have been required to file with the league and it would have gotten out that way. Geez.

Agreed. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but Jordan Matthews arrived via Buffalo Airport and they send the private jet for JJ Nelson? Not likely. This is the only site that has any report of this being a possibility. Not going to hold my breath on this one.