Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

nice win last night against Oakland.  Chukwu with a very nice double double.  Battle played almost the entire game and dominated, but not sure why Boeheim kept him in.  Howard is really playing well too.  Dolecaj is awesome out there.  Brisette needs to get comfortable but he has his moments, same with Moyer.  Sidibe seemed to tweak an ankle which gave Chukwu the extra playing time.  Playing Toledo on wednesday and then a tough run of games, MD, KU and UConn to follow.  We will see what this team can do in the spotlight.

6 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

nice win last night against Oakland.  Chukwu with a very nice double double.  Battle played almost the entire game and dominated, but not sure why Boeheim kept him in.  Howard is really playing well too.  Dolecaj is awesome out there.  Brisette needs to get comfortable but he has his moments, same with Moyer.  Sidibe seemed to tweak an ankle which gave Chukwu the extra playing time.  Playing Toledo on wednesday and then a tough run of games, MD, KU and UConn to follow.  We will see what this team can do in the spotlight.

I feel like this team isnt as talented as last years, but i think the sum of this teams parts may be better. The players seem to know their roles and where they fit in and it makes everything run much smoother. Also Howard and Battle at the top of the zone adds more height and length vs last year with Gillon.

Dolezaj is the wildcard to me, he plays d, can rebound, and is a great passer from the looks of it. He needs to finish better around the rim and take less fouls, but I really like this kid

17 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I feel like this team isnt as talented as last years, but i think the sum of this teams parts may be better. The players seem to know their roles and where they fit in and it makes everything run much smoother. Also Howard and Battle at the top of the zone adds more height and length vs last year with Gillon.

Dolezaj is the wildcard to me, he plays d, can rebound, and is a great passer from the looks of it. He needs to finish better around the rim and take less fouls, but I really like this kid

problem with this team is going to be scoring.  Outside of Battle, no one is really striking fear in opponents.  Defense on the other hand is going to be the bread and butter of this team.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:17 AM, The Poojer said:

problem with this team is going to be scoring.  Outside of Battle, no one is really striking fear in opponents.  Defense on the other hand is going to be the bread and butter of this team.

I think Battle is shooting too much. There are enough other options out there and they can’t get used to battle just going ISO every possession and making hard shots. Those aren’t going to fall as much once league play starts. 

Nice win tonight! Boy, if howard keeps playing like he is, this team could actually be good. Nice to see the team play D and rebound.

Wonder if losing Taurean was a blessing in disguise— lose his great offense but also his horrendous defense. 

Missed the battle injury play, but read about it. Hope he is okay. Obviously Need him against MD.

10 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Battle seems like he is going to be a game time decision at worst, and only a part time player at best tonight.  that fall the other night must have banged him up quite a bit

Yea it was a hard fall

i stupidly played a pickup game a few hours before a football game years ago and I hit the deck hard 

messed up my tailbone and I couldn't run 

I was out of commission for a few days

I'm trying to keep my hopes in check. Battle is a star. If Howard and Brissett can continue to be good 2&3 options, this team will be able to scrap with most. I just wish we had a 3 point ace like we've had in years past.

All in all, I'm happy with how this team is looking so far. My expectations were very low and they look like a young scrappy team. Dolejaz and Sidibe are like found money at this point.

Go Cuse!

What a win. I gotta say that Sidibe is becoming one of my favorite players. And Howard— what great confidence! Love seeing him be so aggressive going to the rim.

i thought it was a really nice win too in the sense they didn’t need to rely on battle. They’re going to need to get scoring from

brisett, Howard, and others this year to be successful. 

By the way, that Huerter from Maryland would have been in Orange but for the NCAA scholarship penalties. 

9 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

What a win. I gotta say that Sidibe is becoming one of my favorite players. And Howard— what great confidence! Love seeing him be so aggressive going to the rim.

i thought it was a really nice win too in the sense they didn’t need to rely on battle. They’re going to need to get scoring from

brisett, Howard, and others this year to be successful. 

By the way, that Huerter from Maryland would have been in Orange but for the NCAA scholarship penalties. 

I cant remember a Cuse team that hits the boards this hard, especially on the offense end, for awhile. Brissett, Dolezaj are always in there, and Sidibe and Chukwu like to tip the ball around as well. I think this will help make up for a lot of the missed shots and allow others in some cases to get easy points

24 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am a Terps fan, and that boy can throw some bombs in no?

I was watching the game and was like, how did Cuse let this kid get out of NYS. He was hitting some from just inside half court it seemed. Amazing

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I cant remember a Cuse team that hits the boards this hard, especially on the offense end, for awhile. Brissett, Dolezaj are always in there, and Sidibe and Chukwu like to tip the ball around as well. I think this will help make up for a lot of the missed shots and allow others in some cases to get easy points

I play pick-up ball with a guy that reminds me of Brissett. Basically, if he doesn't finish, he's got a knack for just following his own miss and putting it back. It's a combination of great instincts and aggression.  

I wonder if JB would ever consider playing Sidibe at the 4. Imagine getting Sidibe, Chukwu, and Brisett on the back of the zone.