Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed, however, Boeheim’s coaching style (particularly the way he treats his players) is antiquated.  Kids (and parents) are different these days.  Boeheim has developed a reputation for being a d**k, and I think it has affected recruiting.  How many other major college coaches do you see screaming at their players on the bench?  Not many.  That approach just doesn’t work with these kids anymore.  And who the hell knows what goes on in the locker room...behind closed doors.

Not saying this whole mess is JB’s fault at all.  Just pointing out that maybe he is long overdue for retirement.  Letting Hop walk is going to haunt this program for some time, IMHO.

Agree completely re coaching style. I never really got the whole yelling Schtick. Just tell guys what they did wrong and how to correct and move on. If I were a player, I would tune all that out. It’s insulting. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed, however, Boeheim’s coaching style (particularly the way he treats his players) is antiquated.  Kids (and parents) are different these days.  Boeheim has developed a reputation for being a d**k, and I think it has affected recruiting.  How many other major college coaches do you see screaming at their players on the bench?  Not many.  That approach just doesn’t work with these kids anymore.  And who the hell knows what goes on in the locker room...behind closed doors.

Not saying this whole mess is JB’s fault at all.  Just pointing out that maybe he is long overdue for retirement.  Letting Hop walk is going to haunt this program for some time, IMHO.

It can very well be antiquated... but that's what's wrong with the young kids these days... too soft... can't fight through adversity...

Every recruit coming to Syracuse knows how Boeheim will coach them... and that's tough as nails

Bob Knight was a ***** too

every coach that ever loved me worked me like a dog and pushed me harder than I thought possible... and I love them for it...

all the coaches who didn't care about me were nonchalant and could care less to correct and discipline me

any chance McNamara can be the savior and next HC?

Edited by Buffalo716

Something I'll never really understand about college hoops. So many guys leave school early for the nba, and so many don't make it. I understand these kids wanna play professionally and make alot of money, but how do they not see how hard it is? How many former Syracuse players left school early for the NBA and got nowhere? I'm curious as to if these guys played all 4 years and then went to the NBA how much more success they'd have professionally 

Edited by Steptide

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Something I'll never really understand about college hoops. So many guys leave school early for the nba, and so many don't make it. I understand these kids wanna play professionally and make alot of money, but how do they not see how hard it is? How many former Syracuse players left school early for the NBA and got nowhere? I'm curious as to if these guys played all 4 years and then went to the NBA how much more success they'd have professionally 

It would 100% help their cause...

Tyler Ennis is a good point guard... he would probably be an NBA starter if he stayed 3-4 years but he left after 1

CJ Fair is terrific... he never got drafted but just got signed to the Bulls and I can see him being a good role player... he improved soooo much over 4 years at Syracuse 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Might be...

Adrian Autry... i wonder how he does on the recruiting trail

Autry?  He is known for being an excellent recruiter.

Take it for what it’s worth, fellas.  What I’m hearing from my guy on the hill is that Bazley might not have made this decision by choice.  May have been serious eligibility issues.  I’ll just leave it at that.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Autry?  He is known for being an excellent recruiter.

Take it for what it’s worth, fellas.  What I’m hearing from my guy on the hill is that Bazley might not have made this decision by choice.  May have been serious eligibility issues.  I’ll just leave it at that.

I know Autry has a good reputation as a recruiter but I don't believe he was the one who pulled Bazley and Battle , was he? 

I forget after a while 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There are few 5* guys we have a chance at for 2019.

I also hear JB and crew are making a late push for 2018 C Majur Majak from New Jersey.

I heard he Might come... he's like Chukwu though... tall and skinny and not much offensive game...though he could be a very good defender

247 has him at 100% Syracuse... I'd take him because we need depth but he's barely a 3* player... maybe he's a late bloomer 

Edited by Buffalo716