Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

38 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Chukwu is a freaking weakling. It's maddening. He's 7'2" and can't dunk and gets his shot blocked and ball stolen from him all the time.  

Bray: I agree that the guards had to help Chukwu out on that late position, but they were open. He has to throw the ball; and he can't freaking put the ball down by his ankles.  He really blew it.

Chukwu is really maddening in general to watch, he falls down to easily, doesnt know where to be on defense, cant catch the ball, if he does, he loses it. I have been wanting Sidibe to play more, but he had a pretty bad game too.

49 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Chukwu is really maddening in general to watch, he falls down to easily, doesnt know where to be on defense, cant catch the ball, if he does, he loses it. I have been wanting Sidibe to play more, but he had a pretty bad game too.

Sidibe was really lumbering out there-- it's obvious his knee is killing him. He ought to just shut it down.

Moyer looked like he was limping too quite a bit.

Should have shut it down a few weeks ago, but with 3 weeks left in the season, it would make zero sense to shut it down at this point.  gotta push through and help this team reach post season

5 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Sidibe was really lumbering out there-- it's obvious his knee is killing him. He ought to just shut it down.

Moyer looked like he was limping too quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Went to the game last night.  Unfortunate that 'Cuse battled back to tie it, only to have a guy launch a bad three, and then have the big man lose the ball which would have allowed for another shot attempt.

Chukwu has done that all year. Weak hands and soft as sin for 7'2

29 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Dreadful. Amazing how you can play D-1 b-ball and not be able to make open jumpers. I play old man pickup ball and the shooting percentage on open shots is like over 90%. 

Little bit different JR but I get your frustration lol

Couldn't buy a basket

i thought refs sucked as well

45 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Little bit different JR but I get your frustration lol

Couldn't buy a basket

i thought refs sucked as well

Haha— True. Still— how can these guys be such terrible shooters? You could leave Moyer and dolejaz open at 15 feet away all day and they would probably make 15% of their shots.

agreed on the refs.

i think they needed to beat either UNC or Duke to get in; looks like we are heading to the NIT.

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Haha— True. Still— how can these guys be such terrible shooters? You could leave Moyer and dolejaz open at 15 feet away all day and they would probably make 15% of their shots.

agreed on the refs.

i think they needed to beat either UNC or Duke to get in; looks like we are heading to the NIT.

I think Doles jumper is coming. He really does have great form...

matthew Moyer- we might be better shooters than him rn lmao ? 

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Good win for Cuse... although probably a little bit too late ?

Maybe if they win 3 straight in the ACC tourney... I can dream ?

Before the game started, they were 12th in the ACC.   I think they would have to go to the finals of the ACC to have a chance.

5 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Before the game started, they were 12th in the ACC.   I think they would have to go to the finals of the ACC to have a chance.

Most of what I’m seeing and hearing is that Cuse needs to win 2 games in the ACC tourney to have a shot.  Will get Wake on Tuesday.  If UNC wins tonight the Cuse/Wake winner would get NC State in the 2nd round.  If duke wins...it’s UNC ?

go Heels!!

Welp...

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Most of what I’m seeing and hearing is that Cuse needs to win 2 games in the ACC tourney to have a shot.  Will get Wake on Tuesday.  If UNC wins tonight the Cuse/Wake winner would get NC State in the 2nd round.  If duke wins...it’s UNC ?

go Heels!!

Welp...

Last week, a friend told me that SU has never won a game in the ACC tourney.  

10 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Terrific game by Dolezaj!! Good for him!!

i think they have a shot against UNC. I also think they need to beat them to have a shot to get into the tourney.

only problem is that our guys played every minute tonight. I think moyer and sidibe came off be bench for only 2 minutes.

Your problem against the Heels tonight is that they are steamed at how they played during the 2nd half of the Dook game.  No chance of catching them in a "letdown" game.  Good luck, though, hope it's a good game (but not too good).