Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

:(

This year could get ugly

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Sophomore basketball forward Taurean Thompson is not on campus for the start of Syracuse University classes today and is unlikely to return to the Orange. "We have been informed that Taurean is taking a leave of absence from Syra...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/08/taurean_thompson_syracuse_basketball.html

:(

This year could get ugly

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Sophomore basketball forward Taurean Thompson is not on campus for the start of Syracuse University classes today and is unlikely to return to the Orange. "We have been informed that Taurean is taking a leave of absence from Syra...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/08/taurean_thompson_syracuse_basketball.html

This is just outrageous. Right on the eve of the season!?

yeah, that kinda sucks. I think they have the talent to withstand it, but it won't be easy

Boy I'm not seeing it. Last years team, which was markedly more talented struggled mightily. I could see this team with a losing record, easily.

Edited by inkman

• 1 month later...

Jalen Carey, Darius Bazley and Buddy Boeheim makes for a very strong '18 recruiting class. Job well done by JB and crew on the recruiting trail, and there's still a good chance we land PF Nate Roberts next week. Let's hope Hop doesn't win out again and he goes to UW. Good things on the horizon for SU hoops.

Anyone else wondering if Thompson might be involved in the big NCAA scandal and that prompted his leaving school? Hammer any inside info?

All I've heard about Thompson is that he was unhappy at Syracuse. Lost AW3 and Gillon who were his best friends on the team. Was at odds with Howard, but I don't know how much that had to do with his transfer.

Interesting question tho...let me send out the bat signal!!

Jalen Carey, Darius Bazley and Buddy Boeheim makes for a very strong '18 recruiting class. Job well done by JB and crew on the recruiting trail, and there's still a good chance we land PF Nate Roberts next week. Let's hope Hop doesn't win out again and he goes to UW. Good things on the horizon for SU hoops.

Was there ever a doubt with Buddy Boeheim? Was he considering other schools?

Was there ever a doubt with Buddy Boeheim? Was he considering other schools?

Never. Although he did have a solid offer from Gonzaga. I don't think he even took any other visits.

Just heard back from my guy on the hill. He is saying that he doesn't believe any SU players/coaches are involved in the FBI/NCAA investigations.

WRT Thompson, he says that Thompson actually wanted to stay at Syracuse. Says his Mother kind of forced his hand on the transfer decision. Seton Hall is basically right in his backyard, and Mom didn't like some of the things that were going on at 'Cuse. Says Mom is kind of a nut-job and was a PITA throughout his recruitment. Coaches really liked Thompson and felt bad for him. FWIW...

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Anyone else wondering if Thompson might be involved in the big NCAA scandal and that prompted his leaving school? Hammer any inside info?

I know Xavier felt they had a chance, then it took a hard turn. That means nothing, but the same feeling has been there with some dirty schools. Oh well, sometimes that's just how recruiting goes...

Welp...2018 PF Nate Roberts to Washington. Hop steals another very good recruit away from JB.

Cuse moving on to 2018 Center (7'1") Majur Majak from Sudan who is now playing at Roselle Catholic in NJ (same HS as Tyler Ennis and Tyler Roberson). He'll likely get a scholly offer in the next couple days.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/10/syracuse_basketball_recruiting_moves_onto_7-1_center_majur_majak_from_senegal.html#incart_river_home

if we are going to lose recruits, at least we are losing them to Hop. I am glad he is having success like this so far.

Welp...2018 PF Nate Roberts to Washington. Hop steals another very good recruit away from JB.

Cuse moving on to 2018 Center (7'1") Majur Majak from Sudan who is now playing at Roselle Catholic in NJ (same HS as Tyler Ennis and Tyler Roberson). He'll likely get a scholly offer in the next couple days.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/10/syracuse_basketball_recruiting_moves_onto_7-1_center_majur_majak_from_senegal.html#incart_river_home