Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Counting down to tipoff...

This is definitely the most nervous I've been all year but 5 shots of crown will fix that

Go Orange

Syracuse needs to play ALOT better than they did the other night if they want any chance to win this game. 

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Cuuuuussssssssse!!

also Barkley seems to hate cuse and the zone 

I noticed that lol 

hes dumber than a bunch of rocks. Said Carmelo is the only scorer Cuse ever had lol

gritty win for the Orange like all season!

20 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Cuuuuussssssssse!!

also Barkley seems to hate cuse and the zone 

He’s been a zone hater for years— since he started doing NCAA broadcasts. Makes the same point every year: it’s so easy to beat the zone. Get it the middle and make open shots.

here’s an article from 2014 re Barkley’s comments, and refers to comments he made in 2013. It gets tiring.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.syracuse.com/articles/12497652/cbs_analyst_charles_barkley_thinks_syracuse_basketball_needs_to_play_more_man-to.amp

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

He’s been a zone hater for years— since he started doing NCAA broadcasts. Makes the same point every year: it’s so easy to beat the zone. Get it the middle and make open shots.

here’s an article from 2014 re Barkley’s comments, and refers to comments he made in 2013. It gets tiring.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.syracuse.com/articles/12497652/cbs_analyst_charles_barkley_thinks_syracuse_basketball_needs_to_play_more_man-to.amp

It was more than just that JR

he said that Syracuse has always struggled to score under Boeheim except when he had Melo lol

so 40 years of bad offense lmao

5 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

He's still awesome to listen to

8 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Barkley tried to say we suck on offense bc we practice against zone

I thought that was an interesting take on the subject.   I didn't get that he said they suck because of it, I understood they are not as developed as they could be against the man on man defense.  When you watch the SU offense, I think his argument has merit.

On the Carmelo was the only scorer, it's an exaggeration but if you look at what SU players have done in the NBA, he's correct in that no one stands out like Carmelo.   I think he is ignoring the talent SU gets to work with.  It certainly isn't like Duke or Kentucky talent.

I am having some major nightmares about this game on Sunday. I distinctly remember getting crushed in the sweet 16 by Michigan State in Detroit in 2000.

I think that was the year where Mo Pete and Mateen Cleaves took them to the title. They shot like over 70% from the field against our zone.

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I thought that was an interesting take on the subject.   I didn't get that he said they suck because of it, I understood they are not as developed as they could be against the man on man defense.  When you watch the SU offense, I think his argument has merit.

On the Carmelo was the only scorer, it's an exaggeration but if you look at what SU players have done in the NBA, he's correct in that no one stands out like Carmelo.   I think he is ignoring the talent SU gets to work with.  It certainly isn't like Duke or Kentucky talent.

There are tons and tons of great college programs that don't even put talent to the NBA... who is the last Virginia Cavalier to be good in the NBA? ( brogden) Or Villanova?

Once they get to the pros it's all up to the kid... but Boeheim has developed sooo many first round talents 

Dion Waiters couldn't score in college? What about Wes Johnson? Lawrence Moten, Hakeem Warrick, Jonny Flynn, Tyler Lydon, Malachi Richardson,  Derrrick Coleman, pearl Washington ... they have had first round picks for 6 straight years, and they are all scorers ...  they aren't getting drafted cus their defense 

Heck Tyus Battle is going to a first round pick eventually and he is a pure slasher / scorer

Edited by Buffalo716

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are tons and tons of great college programs that don't even put talent to the NBA... who is the last Virginia Cavalier to be good in the NBA? Or Villanova?

Malcolm Brogdon, last year's NBA rookie of the year.

That's pretty good, I'd say.

In addition, he has a master's from UVA and is deeply involved with Chris Long, also a UVA kid who donated his entire salary last year, in clean water for Africa projects.

It's a damn good program that attracts damn good kids, and some are pretty good athletes.

MLB is full of them, Ryan Zimmerman included.

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Malcolm Brogdon, last year's NBA rookie of the year.

That's pretty good, I'd say.

In addition, he has a master's from UVA and is deeply involved with Chris Long, also a UVA kid who donated his entire salary last year, in clean water for Africa projects.

It's a damn good program that attracts damn good kids, and some are pretty good athletes.

MLB is full of them, Ryan Zimmerman included.

So 1 guy from Virginia.... I never said they aren't an elite program. They just aren't an NBA factory yet

Cuse has first round picks yearly 

Syracuse has 6 straight first round picks... Barkley sounded very dumb that was my point 

Wasnt trying to knock Virginia who plays great ball

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Point is, it isn't a one and done program.

It attracts certain kids who are really good athletes but have more to give.

Not a bad combination, if you ask me.

Of course. But Boeheim doesn't like 1 and done kids either really

he wishes he could have more McNamaras and CJ Fairs. 1 and dones suck

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I think Ralph Sampson was OK.

Injuries killed him like Derrick Coleman unfortunately 

virginia is a great program who does it the right way, no knock at all... always shares the ball and great defenses 

again it was just Barkley that ticked me because he really is clueless now... Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters , Malachai Richardson , Tyler Lydon, and Tyus Battle are all recent scorers who came through Cuse 

1 hour ago, CowgirlsFan said:

I'd love him as a Dallas Maverick.

I really think he will develop into atleast a 2nd round pick

6'9... Highest BBall IQ on the court, can put it on the deck, pass, rebound, defend AND he is adding a silky midrange jumper to his repertoire 

Edited by Buffalo716