Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

I agree - but I think there's a range of "omg can you believe that he did that" and "oh, hopefully all is clear now" that is still possible. I.e. Is he actively defiant or mostly dumb/immature

Probably just immature and seeing what he can get away with. Whether or not he now gets in line will tell us whether or not there's a defiance issue.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the interview, I only get the feeling that Dareus disrespects the Coach. He just refers to him as "McDermott". Not Coach McDermott. This D line will fall apart once Kyle Williams retires. No veteran, no mature presence. Bills players said they lacked discipline under Ryan, now they can't take a disciplined approach, so it seems. This is a big setback after Williams said he's never seen Dareus more focused.

This was the key takeaway for me. Marcell made it VERY clear when he referred to coach as "McDermott" yet when referring to others he said "the other coaches". It's early but there is a clear appearance of disrespect (as well as immaturity) when it comes to Marcell and Coach McDermott. That isn't healthy going forward. Hopefully things calm down and Marcell gives it 100% going forward.

This was the key takeaway for me. Marcell made it VERY clear when he referred to coach as "McDermott" yet when referring to others he said "the other coaches". It's early but there is a clear appearance of disrespect (as well as immaturity) when it comes to Marcell and Coach McDermott. That isn't healthy going forward. Hopefully things calm down and Marcell gives it 100% going forward.

It seems like classic Dareus nonchalance to me.

I hope Coach Wauffle lights Dareus' butt up with a good Marine Corps butt chewing.

In a perfect world that would be nice. Dareus doesn't care whether the guy chewing his ass is a former Marine or not. In one ear and out the other.

In a perfect world that would be nice. Dareus doesn't care whether the guy chewing his ass is a former Marine or not. In one ear and out the other.

Perhaps. I know I've been on the receiving end of those while on active duty and it's not for wimps. Maybe it would be a good wake up call for Dareus to get his act together and act like a professional.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Perhaps. I know I've been on the receiving end of those while on active duty and it's not for wimps. Maybe it would be a good wake up call for Dareus to get his act together and act like a professional.

Agreed. I was former USAF so I didn't get the ass chewings you did but I get the whole gist of discipline. Unfortunately, Dareus is a very rich man that doesn't need to listen.

yeah embarrass one of your most talented players and extend a scrub like WOOD. These guys are really building this right

If you think Dareus is embarrassed about this you are clueless. If he embarrassed that easily he would have stopped his moronic shenanigans a long time ago.

He was at the stadium exactly two hours before the game he wasn't going to play in. He probably didn't think it was all that important to miss stretching he wasn't going to do.

McD, however, wanted all the players on the team to go through what his game day road experience was to be like, so it would not be new to anyone when they did it during the regular season. That is why guys like Glenn and Matthews traveled with the team and even did some warmups. So McD had good reason to be strict about this.

I think it was a very minor infraction that deserved its penalty. I sometimes stick up for Dareus but his interview was awful. He acted like a jerk imo. He should have been much more apologetic for breaking the team rule.

He was at the stadium exactly two hours before the game he wasn't going to play in. He probably didn't think it was all that important to miss stretching he wasn't going to do.

McD, however, wanted all the players on the team to go through what his game day road experience was to be like, so it would not be new to anyone when they did it during the regular season. That is why guys like Glenn and Matthews traveled with the team and even did some warmups. So McD had good reason to be strict about this.

I think it was a very minor infraction that deserved its penalty. I sometimes stick up for Dareus but his interview was awful. He acted like a jerk imo. He should have been much more apologetic for breaking the team rule.

Well said, KTD. He didn't take "the process" seriously (not being intentionally facetious). If he doesn't start to take it seriously now with something like this, it will lead to not taking bigger things seriously down the line. The punishment was appropriate for the action. Nothing more, nothing less.

If we were told Wednesday night that a player would be sent home for violating team policy, who do you think would have led if a poll was available with each player listed?

Edited by Binghamton Beast