well...forget about that 3rd round comp pick

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like today, checking the over the cap site, that the Bills would have to make 4 roster moves now to get a 3rd round pick. Leonard Johnson made roster and moved up into qualifying area. On the other side Robert Blanton was cut by the Cowboys and Justin Hunter was inactive the first week.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

This is likely why the staff wasn't over eager to release some of their better players just for the comp pick. The discussion prior depends on all other teams keeping the guys they got from us. We can still likely get a lower comp pick simply for releasing Ducasse and I still think we should do that, but Holmes, Davis, DiMarco, etc. are all more valuable to us now than that one potential pick.

THEY HAVE UNTIL WEEK 1!! (How many times must this be repeated on this board?)

Given that DuCasse was a healthy scratch this week, it comes down to Holmes and Davis, both of whom were effective week 1 - we'll see what other WRs come off the practice squad.

EVEN WITH THE YELLING, YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED!! EVERYONE ELSE SAYS WE HAVE UNTIL WEEK 10, NOT WEEK ONE !! WHICH ONE IS IT ? Oh, and I can hear you just fine with lower case letters.THANKS!

Why should the fan base care about wins. The GM sure doesn't. This is the worst roster in 15 years.

I don't know, man. Chan coached a pretty sorry group of 'players'. And that was 5-7 yrs ago. I hear ya though.

Looks like today, checking the over the cap site, that the Bills would have to make 4 roster moves now to get a 3rd round pick. Leonard Johnson made roster and moved up into qualifying area. On the other side Robert Blanton was cut by the Cowboys and Justin Hunter was inactive the first week.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

This is why it's not worth worrying about just yet. We have to wait and see how things play out as the season goes on. The # of cuts the Bills need to make won't really be known foe sure until it gets closer to week 10.

I think it will also depend on where the Bills are in the standings as they approach week 10. If they're in the playoff hunt and the guys that factor into the comp pick formula are making an impact, you can bet that they will keep them.

If they're out of the hunt and/or those guys are not making an impact, my guess is that they will be gone/replaced.

They Bills will clean house week 9, as required to get the pick. Take it to the bank.

ya, i think davis and holmes are nothing special and will be replaced, ducasse is worthless, even hauschka isnt safe with the way he is looking on fgs, and although i havent really watched him closely dimarco doesnt seem to be doing anything special either.

I think we will definitly go after the third and depending on our record might try for a 4th and 5th too

Revisiting this after 3 weeks -

Matter of time until they feel more comfortable about Cordy's injury, but Ducasse is probably gone in a few weeks.

DeMarco's spot is now a lot more tenuous

Johnson, Davis & Holmes are locks

Revisiting this after 3 weeks -

Matter of time until they feel more comfortable about Cordy's injury, but Ducasse is probably gone in a few weeks.

DeMarco's spot is now a lot more tenuous

Johnson, Davis & Holmes are locks

Hauschka as well. Not sure what's going on with DiMarco. Has he even played yet?

Hauschka as well. Not sure what's going on with DiMarco. Has he even played yet?

I never had Hauschka as anything but a lock. DeMarco has played, but hasn't been effective and Rico moved to a single back attack that worked better, until the last series when they needed to pound. So fr, Demarco isn't earning the contract

I never had Hauschka as anything but a lock. DeMarco has played, but hasn't been effective and Rico moved to a single back attack that worked better, until the last series when they needed to pound. So fr, Demarco isn't earning the contract

It was a terrible contract. I never rated him that highly as a blocker anyway. I'd be well up for cutting him and bringing Felton back at vet minimum. I am sure they won't because I don't know that they think Felton has the lateral agility to get out infront on the stretch zone but DiMarco has been next to useless so far.