well...forget about that 3rd round comp pick

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know... What if the Bills want to play the game of chicken by cutting him by week 10, but he gets injured on week 6? Doesn't his presence on season-ending IR make his contract guaranteed for the whole season? What if they IR and then release with an injury settlement, are they then out of the woods? It seems like a dangerous game of chicken to keep him... I say just get the roster down to 51 or 52 guys on cutdown day, including Ducasse, Holmes, and the DE, and then pick up the best WR that gets cut by another team. Don't chance it.

By week 10 we could be 4-6 so it will be a tough call but I hope they do the right thing and get those comp picks at all costs. Keep in mind we will still have 2 Pats games remaining on the schedule so I hope they don't keep the players in hopes of a long shot wild card berth

Sammy traded

Boldin retires

I really thought there was a chance that Holmes might get cut in that 3rd round comp pick formula.......I dont think that is happening now.

Not necessarily. Holmes has seemed just awful in camp, and after Jones and Matthews, the receivers seem pretty interchangeable. Could easily see them going: Matthews, Jones, Streater (if healthy), Philly Brown, Tate, Shorts or Reilly. Plus, considering how this team is constructed, they might not keep all that many wide receivers, in favor of running backs, fullbacks, and tight ends. Also, I suspect we might be closer to the comp picks than we think. Nobody really knows what the formula is, and if memory serves, the experts (who will readily admit they aren't certain) listed Justin Hunter as the first guy who did not qualify and EJ pretty close. Both those players might already count, plus if EJ is a back-up and Hunter has a solid season, that would likely play into the formula.

Now, if they don't cut Ducasse, that'd be frustrating (sorry Vlad). If he's starting (barring injury to Miller), I'd even start turning a bit negative on this team.

Imagine if half this fanbase cared about wins as much as comp picks? Where else have you ever heard them even get talked about?

You saw the title of this post, you knew what it was about but yet you still felt the need to take the time to ridicule anyone who is so "dumb" to discuss this topic?

Sammy traded

Boldin retires

I really thought there was a chance that Holmes might get cut in that 3rd round comp pick formula.......I dont think that is happening now.

The thing that really helped Holmes possibly stick on this Roster will be how bad the Steater injury is.

Boldin was done when signed.

I think WRs will be added on cuts as well.

Plus they still have until week 10 to cut him.

They don't have to make the moves until week 10 right? They will absolutely do what it takes to the that pick. 100% certain.

I'll take that bet. If they really were forward-thinking enough to care about comp picks, why would they sign Hauschka? He's 32 now. Are we planning on him being our kicker in 3 years when the team is actually rebuilt?

I'll take that bet. If they really were forward-thinking enough to care about comp picks, why would they sign Hauschka? He's 32 now. Are we planning on him being our kicker in 3 years when the team is actually rebuilt?

Kickers do play on until late 30s early 40s to be fair..... but I agree with the principle. As I asked in my alignment thread last week which was reacted to as though I had suggested moving the team.... is this direction still the vision we had during FA back in March and the draft in April? I'm not sure you can say it is.

Kickers do play on until late 30s early 40s to be fair..... but I agree with the principle. As I asked in my alignment thread last week which was reacted to as though I had suggested moving the team.... is this direction still the vision we had during FA back in March and the draft in April? I'm not sure you can say it is.

Fair point - it's possible that the FO has decided to take a different tack. But if so, it's still concerning that they went through the entire FA period with a "win now with lots of budget veterans" mindset before pivoting. Even at the time, it made no sense. You probably couldn't trade our entire free agent class for a 3rd and 4th round pick, and certainly couldn't get either of those for combined haul of Ducasse, Davis, Holmes, and Hauschka. Thus far, only Hauschka looks like a decent signing, but I don't see how that helps us. If the FO is throwing in the towel on this season, do we really want a reliable kicker? Isn't it better for the "process" to lose that 13-10 game instead of win it?

I'm not really sure what McDermott's "process" is, but I won't be on board with it until it leads to wins.

The thing that really helped Holmes possibly stick on this Roster will be how bad the Steater injury is.

Boldin was done when signed.

I think WRs will be added on cuts as well.

Plus they still have until week 10 to cut him.

Can always cut him and bring him back after week 1 too. I seriously doubt people will be lining up for him anyway. Same with Ryan Davis.

Not necessarily. Holmes has seemed just awful in camp, and after Jones and Matthews, the receivers seem pretty interchangeable. Could easily see them going: Matthews, Jones, Streater (if healthy), Philly Brown, Tate, Shorts or Reilly. Plus, considering how this team is constructed, they might not keep all that many wide receivers, in favor of running backs, fullbacks, and tight ends. Also, I suspect we might be closer to the comp picks than we think. Nobody really knows what the formula is, and if memory serves, the experts (who will readily admit they aren't certain) listed Justin Hunter as the first guy who did not qualify and EJ pretty close. Both those players might already count, plus if EJ is a back-up and Hunter has a solid season, that would likely play into the formula.

Now, if they don't cut Ducasse, that'd be frustrating (sorry Vlad). If he's starting (barring injury to Miller), I'd even start turning a bit negative on this team.

Can you imagine Ducasses starting against the New York Jets, my God, I think that turns maybe our easiest game of the year into a toss up.

Imagine if half this fanbase cared about wins as much as comp picks? Where else have you ever heard them even get talked about?

Searching for the old bbmb :yeahthat: , but to no avail. So I guess I will settle with: Yeah, that>>>/\