well...forget about that 3rd round comp pick

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy traded

Boldin retires

I really thought there was a chance that Holmes might get cut in that 3rd round comp pick formula.......I dont think that is happening now.

They don't have to make the moves until week 10 right? They will absolutely do what it takes to the that pick. 100% certain.

Edited by vincec

Imagine if half this fanbase cared about wins as much as comp picks? Where else have you ever heard them even get talked about?

To me its got nothing to do with whether I want them to win or no (of course i do)

I just think that it was the plan.....but you cannot plan on a veteran nfl wide receiver who is supposed to be this great locker room presence just up and quitting.

Sammy traded

Boldin retires

I really thought there was a chance that Holmes might get cut in that 3rd round comp pick formula.......I dont think that is happening now.

Depends on who becomes available in roster cuts

Imagine if half this fanbase cared about wins as much as comp picks? Where else have you ever heard them even get talked about?

The Patriots make these moves all the time...it's part of the way they've built their team.

You couldn't trade Andre Holmes, Ryan Davis and Vlad Ducasse for a 3rd round pick...cutting fringe players, at best, is definitely worth a 3rd round pick.

I'd rather keep Brandon Reilly, bring back Kolby Listenbee or sign Dorial Green-Beckham, than keep Andre Holmes...he's 29 years old, with 1,400 yards and 12 TD's in 6 seasons.

(You can find an Andre Holmes anywhere, just like they found Justin Hunter and his 4 TD's last year...you can easily find someone cheaper to provide 250 yards and 2 TD's per season.)

Since they traded off there top receiver for a 2nd round pick and their top cornerback for a 3rd round pick, I think they will cut enough of their signed free agents to possibly get a third round pick and a fourth round pick. Most of those free agents are not overly impressive and you probably can find a replacement when the teams cut down to 53 that will be pretty close in terms of talent. I suspect the Bills will be active when teams cut down to 53.

Injuries happen. Its doubtful to me that he makes the 53 but isnt on the roster week 10. Only way he gets hurt and they do an injury settlement.

We'll use him until we are either out of the playoff hunt by week 10 (likely) or we'll keep him if he plays better than what a 3rd round pick is worth. Pretty simple.

Yeah the draft geeks follow them, lots of great comp picks that have changed entire organizations starting with Brady, Hines Ward, Larry Allen, Colston, Brian Dawkins, Garcon etc.

Comp picks can be huge and good GM's (and fans?) follow them carefully.

Considering Beano just traded two of the Bills best players for a 2nd and 3rd and two one yr rentals,

it would be smart to think this way as this is the "year of the tank" and a 3rd round and 5th round comp pick in 2018 for cutting 4 marginal players by week 9 in 2017, that you could immediately resign if you wish, would be very very smart. It is what any smart GM would do.

PS: no one really knows if week 10 is the deadline. That is specualtion as NFL has never released the "super secret" comp pick formula.

Edited by cba fan

PS: no one really knows if week 10 is the deadline. That is specualtion as NFL has never released the "super secret" comp pick formula.

No, it's week 10 and there's no speculation. The Jets cut Jarvis Jenkins after week 9 last year for the same reason. This only delays the inevitable for Holmes (and it still may not even do that).