Who's in line for a big year?

Buffalo716

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Williams will end up being the best pick of Whaley's tenure and the Gillislee outrage will end up being laughable in retrospect. Might as well go bold with my prediction.

While I expect JWill to be very productive when given the chance, I dont expect him to see near the touches as Shady. Therefore, I dont see a "big" year stat wise. Probably looking at about 500 rushing, less than 200 receiving. But, I'd take that from him as a backup all day long!That said, I believe on offense O'Leary is poised for a good year. Im gonna guess 750+ yards to go along with 6 Td's. I think he will see the mismatches in the WCO due to coverage going towards Clay and the slot receivers. That should open Nick up for the 20 yd pickups between the lbers and Db's.

On defense, I gotta fall back to Hughes. I think he's on a mission this year and should have another 10+sack year. Honorable mention to Hodges as I think he will eventually surpass Humber as the starting Will. I wanted to go Tre here, but I honestly think he'll be so solid(4 int's?) that he wont be picked on as much as typical rooks often are

Dunno. Jury's out on him. Everyone happy with Micah?

Young, playmaking, versatile........Hyde should be excellent in this particular system.

Poyer was the question mark.....almost a total projection.......and he's looked good in it as well.

We'll hopefully get a genuine look next week as the play gets closer to the real thing during the 3rd preseason game.

If the Bills don't put heavy pressure on the opposing QB the secondary lacks matchup talent so it's really all about that front 4.

Yep. The line has played so well far even in straight up rush scheme. That has helped the back end.

You think EY could displace Shaq on passing downs? :flirt:

Shaq looked pretty effective....but in the same way I saw at Clemson.......a step behind the rest of the line.

Not sure if he doesn't trust his arms/hands and wants the extra space between he and the blocker but I just want to see more pass rusher out of him.

Not sure if he can't get off the ball or if he just wants to be unorthodox.....there is something to be said about not letting the OL move in perfect sync.......that was what Rex defense excelled at when it was good in NY....fracturing a blocking front and creating both vertical and horizontal lanes into the backfield.

But to be a great pass rusher you gotta' go hard at the target and use technique to win as fast as you can.

Maybe I'm wrong and an SJ13 type of style at DE will yield big but this ain't Clemson where your DB's are better athletes than the other teams wideouts and you can wait for production to come to you..........though a healthy Hughes/KW/Dareus is a formidable pass rush group to lineup with.

Zay Jones will have a great rookie season.

Also, Hughes will be a beast.

I think Preston will be greatly improved in McDermott's defense.

I think Brown is what he is. Smart, capable, somewhat versatile, but his ceiling has been reached...along with his floor. As a complementary lb he's decent. But he never has been, nor will be a star at any position.Ideally for me, he should start at wlb like he did under Shwartz, and did fine. Not great, but fine. This is of course predicated on a fit at the Mike, which I just dont see on this roster yet. Unless Reggie steps up in a big way.And that dont seem likely just yet

Young, playmaking, versatile........Hyde should be excellent in this particular system.

Poyer was the question mark.....almost a total projection.......and he's looked good in it as well.

We'll hopefully get a genuine look next week as the play gets closer to the real thing during the 3rd preseason game.

If the Bills don't put heavy pressure on the opposing QB the secondary lacks matchup talent so it's really all about that front 4.

Hope so and agree 100% on the last point. Fortunately that group looks strong.

Hauschka and Schmidt. This team will come up short on a lot of 3rd downs.

yay..

:lol:

Hyde.

Poyer. seriously

Nick O'Leary. Looks really solid as our #2. Should be featured a little more in this offense.

this as well. solid player

You think EY could displace Shaq on passing downs? :flirt:

Shaq looked pretty effective....but in the same way I saw at Clemson.......a step behind the rest of the line.

Not sure if he doesn't trust his arms/hands and wants the extra space between he and the blocker but I just want to see more pass rusher out of him.

Not sure if he can't get off the ball or if he just wants to be unorthodox.....there is something to be said about not letting the OL move in perfect sync.......that was what Rex defense excelled at when it was good in NY....fracturing a blocking front and creating both vertical and horizontal lanes into the backfield.

But to be a great pass rusher you gotta' go hard at the target and use technique to win as fast as you can.

Maybe I'm wrong and an SJ13 type of style at DE will yield big but this ain't Clemson where your DB's are better athletes than the other teams wideouts and you can wait for production to come to you..........though a healthy Hughes/KW/Dareus is a formidable pass rush group to lineup with.

very nice post and thank you.

Had to chuckle at the Stevie comparison. I do like Eddie Y