Cryptos

Foxx

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Foxx said:

not advocating, just pointing out the benefits of blockchain tech.

1867673644_digiviteDzVOOHZVYAAruCf.thumb.jpg.d53374eb752400acb1964f418d2a33db.thumb.jpg.827925f5d785b12ab08cb98cdca465a6.jpg

I agree with crypto currency theory and advantages over traditional currencies and banking. HOWEVER, the largest hurdle (which is glossed over in the infographic) is they are not widely accepted. 

Today, I went to a gas station, a grocery store, a restaurant, and booked a vacation excursion. None of those accept digital currency or cryptos. 

Until this is possible, or somehow can teach me how to do so, they are not viable for me or 99% of consumers. 

Also, let’s say I put $1,000 into a crypto account and want to use it for everyday spending. No one wants their bank accounts value to fluctuate greatly in short periods. 

Side Note: I actually may throw some money into bitcoin as an investment. Buy now and sit on it and see what happens. 

On 8/18/2017 at 8:30 PM, SinceThe70s said:

As long as you're gonna mention Knotts, how about The Incredible Mr. Limpett? Ladyfish was a smoke show.

Das Limpett! Yes, Ladyfish was smokin. My brothers and I loved that movie. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken was a good one too.

Sorry, thought this was the Don Knotts thread.

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Side Note: I actually may throw some money into bitcoin as an investment. Buy now and sit on it and see what happens. 

i haven't dived into the crypto market yet but if i were to do so, bitcoin is not my first choice.  the value of a bitcoin has dropped to less than the cost to mine

https://news.slashdot.org/story/19/02/03/2242248/bitcoin-is-worth-less-than-the-cost-to-mine-it

meadcoins on the other hand have consistently held their intrinsic value of nothing

Edited by /dev/null

10 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I agree with crypto currency theory and advantages over traditional currencies and banking. HOWEVER, the largest hurdle (which is glossed over in the infographic) is they are not widely accepted. 

Today, I went to a gas station, a grocery store, a restaurant, and booked a vacation excursion. None of those accept digital currency or cryptos. 

Until this is possible, or somehow can teach me how to do so, they are not viable for me or 99% of consumers. 

Also, let’s say I put $1,000 into a crypto account and want to use it for everyday spending. No one wants their bank accounts value to fluctuate greatly in short periods. 

if you visit the Bitcoin thread, in this post, I posted an info-graphic from April of last year that lists many of the retailers who readily accept crypto. granted it is far from being accepted at every gas station as yet but as you will see, it is becoming widely accepted. more so as each day passes. it is the future, a natural evolution of where we are. most of your fiat today is already digital and moving more in that direction as each day passes as well.

there are Stablecoins which are directly tied to fiat that are, as the moniker states, more stable in their held value.

10 hours ago, /dev/null said:

i haven't dived into the crypto market yet but if i were to do so, bitcoin is not my first choice.  the value of a bitcoin has dropped to less than the cost to mine

https://news.slashdot.org/story/19/02/03/2242248/bitcoin-is-worth-less-than-the-cost-to-mine-it

meadcoins on the other hand have consistently held their intrinsic value of nothing

yes and no.

with the evolution of the 7nm chip you can now mine at a profit with today's prices. 28/TH's @ 57 J/T. the profit margin is barely there but it is there at this level of Difficulty.

I'll invest in just about anything.  I only have three rules:

No investment in anything sinister unless there is plausible deniability.

No investment in anything competitive to my own business.

No investment where I can be scammed by a Canadian faking his death.

Does crypto fit those three?

46 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'll invest in just about anything.  I only have three rules:

No investment in anything sinister unless there is plausible deniability.

No investment in anything competitive to my own business.

No investment where I can be scammed by a Canadian faking his death.

Does crypto fit those three?

Best investment = Meadcoin