Matt Milano, LB

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He seemed small standing next to him at camp. (and by small I mean NFL LB small.)

he's a beast compared to normal people but I got the strong safety/ special teams feel from the guy. One thing I liked is he isn't fake jacked up like the Brandon Spoon body, seems a natural build, fast 220lb dude. I saw him play two games for BC, he's a mean streak guy. Perfect for Crossman

i went to bc, so it's the college team i watch the most. he was a great college defender (i think he was the team mvp on defense), but he was a guy that struck me as never going to be big time in the pros. i don't know the best way to articulate that other than the dreaded "eye test" but as productive as he was, he struck me as a bit slow and small. my understanding was that he wasn't having a great camp. running with the 3s. i think he may be cut unless there's value with special teams.

.....wouldn't you say he is smallish at 6'1", 220 lbs for a LB?......would think he would have to be PS for ST value if so and then a weight program to get him to 230+.....

I think the guy is going to surprise people. First, I've read a lot about him having a great camp, and possibly being the "suprise" rookie for the Bills. He has great football IQ and is always in position. Also, if he was the MVP of Boston College's D, he got ALL the attention of the offense. Here, that attention will have to be given to Marcell, Shaq, etc.

I doubt anyone game planned for Matt Milano. I coached 17 years and the only special attention paid to defenders is for a great pass rusher or a great cb. That being said, I think he makes the 53 and plays a lot and well

.....wouldn't you say he is smallish at 6'1", 220 lbs for a LB?......would think he would have to be PS for ST value if so and then a weight program to get him to 230+.....

While he's on the small side, I don't think he lacks functional strength. He's a well built kid and adding too much weight might hinder his ability to cover.

Not to mention, his future role on the team should be a role designed to keep him clean against the run.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Watched Milano a good deal because of a relative at his school. Milano is a baller. Very instinctive, fast to the ball. Mean streak, makes plays behind the line/in coverage because of his quick diagnosis of plays. He seems a leader. Perhaps could use more bulk, but he is young. I think he makes the roster and contributes on teams for now, perhaps in certain situations on D (but maybe more later in the year). He can develop, IMHO.