May as well have Tyrod on a very short leash.

Cherrybone

Tyrod had a better qb rating than Rivers, Big Ben, Russel Wilson, Carr etc. last year.

He's a good NFL qb who averaged 25+ points per game last year with lots of hurt receivers. He's fun to watch and scares other defenses, usually they have to keep a spy in to prevent scrambling which opens up the passing field.

I he had a good defense and kicking game last year we win 10 games.

He's not getting benched if he's healthy unless it's late in the season. Peterman needs a year, not a few months.

Those are all very good thoughts....which you might have posted in any number of existing Tyrod or Peterman threads. Not your fault at all, but..... really? Another one?

This is getting ridiculous...I don't envy you mods.

It's gotta be tough! Thanks for all you do.

AMEN to great mods! Not a lot of reward in that job.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....there are some HERE that should be on a "short leash" LOOOOOOONG before TT.......good Lord........parental monitoring of posting is highly recommended................

Tyrod should be on short leash with a studded collar and a leather mask. McD should go full Judas Priest, carry a riding crop.

Tyrod had a better qb rating than Rivers, Big Ben, Russel Wilson, Carr etc. last year.

He's a good NFL qb who averaged 25+ points per game last year with lots of hurt receivers. He's fun to watch and scares other defenses, usually they have to keep a spy in to prevent scrambling which opens up the passing field.

He's not getting benched if he's healthy unless it's late in the season. Peterman needs a year, not a few months.

This.

More reading, less posting.

You should never have more threads started than replies to posts. It's either laziness or selfishness. So you feel your opinion is more important than others or you were too lazy to see if subject was being discussed elsewhere.

I'd love to know my ratio.

Well how else are we gonna know if we should bench Tyrod after week 3, if zombies eat tj yates and make meatloaf out of petermans throwing arm?

Teef, I agree and disagree. The only true way to develop is to play. That said, he does need a little more time. I think by mid season if we are sub .500 and TT is still holding the ball etc, then put Peterman in with a limited playbook. Start with what they know are his strengths, then add a little. They need to know what they have in him. IF there is a possibility in THIS offense, he can be the answer, then great! We have tons of draft ammo to help upgrade the talent.

If he isn't and or they feel he is just a great backup, then again we have the ammo to try and acquire a franchise QB in the upcoming draft. If you don't play him, you won't know.

Much as I want the kid on the field this conversation is 24 hours premature. If he shows us something tomorrow then revisit this.

MODS just post this response for any further TT threads and shut them down. TT gives them the best chance to win and Rex and Rob cost them and us the playoffs last year.

To me a successful season means we're making the playoffs , ( if not ) at least we're making progress and getting better every week , with that said I don't want to finish the season with another 7-9 or 8-8 record , I just hope when we realize ( and I hope it's sooner then later ) that Tyrod is well still Tyrod , and we are swimming around another .500 season then let's give Peterman a chance , call it tank or what ever you want ...

Just to give you a heads up Cherrybone, this place is not like BBMB. It is frowned upon to continue starting random new threads. There is already a Tyrod thread ongoing. This should have just been posted there. It's how this place works.

For example, I have just over 700 posts now and I have started maybe 2 new threads total out of those 700 posts.

Before you start a new thread, they want you to use the search function for the topic you are thinking about starting. In this case the topic would be "Tyrod Taylor". So you use that search function on the top of the page to search for Tyrod Taylor, then post this there instead of starting a new thread (or you can just look and see there is a Tyrod thread on the front page).

Anyway, just letting you know since you're relatively new here.

Just to give you a heads up Cherrybone, this place is not like BBMB. It is frowned upon to continue starting random new threads. There is already a Tyrod thread ongoing. This should have just been posted there. It's how this place works.

For example, I have just over 700 posts now and I have started maybe 2 new threads total out of those 700 posts.

Before you start a new thread, they want you to use the search function for the topic you are thinking about starting. In this case the topic would be "Tyrod Taylor". So you use that search function on the top of the page to search for Tyrod Taylor, then post this there instead of starting a new thread (or you can just look and see there is a Tyrod thread on the front page).

Anyway, just letting you know since you're relatively new here.

Thank definitely appreciate the heads up. Finally somebody reasonable enough to explain things without assuming that a person just want to start threads just for the sake of starting them. Thanks again

Thank definitely appreciate the heads up. Finally somebody reasonable enough to explain things without assuming that a person just want to start threads just for the sake of starting them. Thanks again

No problem man. It's something I was told when I first signed up here. Just passing it along.

what if we start 3-0? do we still pull tyrod?

Great point.

That would definitely affect the tank! Man, I guess I have enough trouble today. Why would I want to assume tomorrow's troubles in advance? Be a fan. Enjoy the games. We don't have any pressure. Our jobs are not on the line. Watch what happens and chear on the good guys.

Yeah, he did but TT probably had fewer pass attempts and was lousy in clutch time. A lot of three and outs in crucial situations. Sammy came back for the Pitts game. We still lost.

Jones should have never been drafted. 11 games total, won a National Championship by just throwing a deep ball. Benched shortly into his last season. Sorry but he just isn't good. It just shows Whaley and past GM's could not evaluate QB's I pray Beane and the other guys who we have brought in CAN Evaluate QB's

+1

Just a quick question? Did Jones win every game he started including the National Championship. Assuming you're correct that his counter parts were better. How come they didn't win without him? In fact, they have not won a championship without him. If Jones was the problem at OSU why did the loose a lousy game to Michigan State without him at Qb.?? Get it together and quit saying that he is not good. Just because he was a whaley he was the odd man out over Yates??? Get real.