Ragland and who for Alex Smith? Can it work?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just throw anything out that crosses our simple mind.

Whatever. Ragland to KC is actually an interesting topic. It's being talked about in national posts. The other options for discussion on the main page are about Game Pass and something Marrone said. Contribute or zip it imho.

That said, can Ragland be parlayed into a left tackle insurance policy or is Dawkins reasonable as a backup plan for Cordy?

Several reporters suggest we trade Ragland to KC. I would want Alex Smith back since the Chiefs don't see him as their long term QB. I think he would be perfect for what Dennison wants to do. He's very efficient and surprisingly mobile at times.

I think KC wouldn't do Ragland for Smith straight up, but I wouldn't add more than a 4th rd pick. Who else could we afford to throw in to make it happen? Philly Brown? Holmes? Ducasse?

Youre living in a dream world bro. KC wouldnt trade us marcus peters for Raggy and a 2nd rnd pick. Raggy doesnt have his feet back under him yet, we're better off getting Ragland back to game speed 1st, THEN trading him when his vakue is higher to maximize the ROI. We cud trade raggy to the bears and poach one of their CBs too. I know they play a 34 and OLB Floyd is developing real well.

So let me see if I have this right. KC no longer wants Alex Smith so we trade for him because he'll be our savior at QB?

Alex Smith would get best QB we've had since at least Flutie. Do y'all ever watch him play?

Giants no longer wanted Kurt Warner but he was Arizona's saviour. Nobody wanted Gannon yet he was Oakland's savior. It happens.

The Chiefs consider themselves a playoff contender so there's no way they trade Alex Smith. Even if Mahomes wows them in training camp/preseason and wins the starting spot (unlikely) they're going to want Alex Smith as a backup.

Several reporters suggest we trade Ragland to KC. I would want Alex Smith back since the Chiefs don't see him as their long term QB. I think he would be perfect for what Dennison wants to do. He's very efficient and surprisingly mobile at times.

I think KC wouldn't do Ragland for Smith straight up, but I wouldn't add more than a 4th rd pick. Who else could we afford to throw in to make it happen? Philly Brown? Holmes? Ducasse?

I don't see the Chiefs giving us Alex Smith. And more, I don't see us wanting Smith.

I can't see them keeping Tyrod if we brought in Smith. Too much money spent at QB for a team likely to draft one next year anyway. But they wouldn't save any money by cutting Tyrod, he's guaranteed $15 mill. So we'd be spending around $25 mill this year on our top two QBs.

Simply wouldn't make sense financially or tactically for us. Nor for KC since they want to win this year and show every sign of wanting to develop their rookie on the bench for a year or two.

Everything else aside I'd take Smith over Tyrod in an instant. But it doesn't make sense right now, especially so late in the process. He'd have to learn the offense in two and a half weeks.

Even if we balanced this out so KC got equal value, I don't see either team being interested in making that move.

Edited by Thurman#1