Jerry Hughes

YoloinOhio

Dear Buffalo Bills owners, GMs, coaches and players,

Please try to spread these events out over a longer period of time. The fans who insist they're smarter than all of you need to pace themselves, and they're not done whining about the Sammy and Darby trade yet.

Sincerely,

Fans who don't piss themselves over every little thing that happens with this team.

Need I remind you that you were a complete a*hole fan-basher and Donahoe defender during the initial tear-down that initiated the drought?

You were wrong then........you are wrong now.

Posting stupidity is your thing here..........HOF level failure of a poster.

I guess you'll never learn not to trust the thinks that come into yer head.

Keep blaming Tim Graham for the losing though. :thumbsup:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given all of those picks, failure is by definition success. So Beane is really in a no-lose situation, right?

Normally, when you get a ton of draft picks, you buy yourself time. It's a smart move for a new GM.

However if Watkins and Darby have good years & we struggle, the pressure will be amped up.

I suspect the coaching staff is trying to get a handle on Hughes situation with with bad PF penalties before the actual games start. Something Rex was unable to accomplish. I would think most of us ageee that should be a priority, no?

Not sure what it has to do with Jauron or Chris Kelsay. I don't really remember Jauron getting into it with players.

I could see that. Hughes and his PF penalties have accumulated over the years. Could see them trying to correct it, Jerry no likely.

I remember Jauron and Perry talking to someone during camp who was frustrated, but that was almost a decade ago. Can't remember.

Given all of those picks, failure is by definition success. So Beane is really in a no-lose situation, right?

Who is Brandon Beane?

This guy is operating off an outdated model IMO.

A second round pick is hardly any ammo at all when moving up for a QB that is regarded as certain franchise(not maybes like Goff or Wentz).

Watkins was much more valuable as an ENTICEMENT to any potential young QB or free agent QB.

And if the trade-up doesn't work........HOPEFULLY(but far from realistically) you get 6 quality young players that will ALL be coming up for re-new of contracts in a two year period? Ridiculous.

Proper roster building for consistent winning results is as much about spacing contracts and talent as anything.

People who think Beane is using a "Patriots" model are very, very confused.

Who is Brandon Beane?

This guy is operating off an outdated model IMO.

A second round pick is hardly any ammo at all when moving up for a QB that is regarded as certain franchise(not maybes like Goff or Wentz).

Watkins was much more valuable as an ENTICEMENT to any potential young QB or free agent QB.

And if the trade-up doesn't work........HOPEFULLY(but far from realistically) you get 6 quality young players that will ALL be coming up for re-new of contracts in a two year period? Ridiculous.

Proper roster building for consistent winning results is as much about spacing contracts and talent as anything.

People who think Beane is using a "Patriots" model are very, very confused.

What is ENTICING Sammy to sign an extension?

What is ENTICING Sammy to sign an extension?

HE HAS NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER.

This isn't a QB in a market edging toward $30M per year........he's a WR......he has to take his money when he can get it and the Bills had exclusive negotiating rights because:

They have the franchise tag to use........and nobody else EVEN CLOSE to that kind of talent to use it on for the next few years.

By virtue of trading away picks and poor draft picks like EJ and Ragnuts there is a dearth of top young talent coming up for renewal soon and a TON of vets coming off the books in the next two offseasons.

Blows my mind how stupid fans can get wrt evaluating the VALUE of talent.

I'm not terribly bothered by losing Darby.......but keep in mind he was ONLY one of the 5 or so best second round picks the Bills have made in the last THIRTY YEARS.

Grasp that when you fall in love with draft picks, Bills fans.

You have approximately a 1 in 6 chance of having the pick that you traded Watkins for turning into a player as good as Darby. :doh::lol:

I suspect the coaching staff is trying to get a handle on Hughes situation with with bad PF penalties before the actual games start. Something Rex was unable to accomplish. I would think most of us ageee that should be a priority, no?

Not sure what it has to do with Jauron or Chris Kelsay. I don't really remember Jauron getting into it with players.

You mean like the one he got from patting his own teammate on his helmet?

This isn't a QB in a market edging toward $30M per year........he's a WR......he has to take his money when he can get it and the Bills had exclusive negotiating rights because:

They have the franchise tag to use........and nobody else EVEN CLOSE to that kind of talent to use it on for the next few years.

By virtue of trading away picks and poor draft picks like EJ and Ragnuts there is a dearth of top young talent coming up for renewal soon and a TON of vets coming off the books in the next two offseasons.

I'm not terribly bothered by losing Darby.......but keep in mind he was ONLY one of the 5 or so best second round picks the Bills have made in the last THIRTY YEARS.

You have approximately a 1 in 6 chance of having the pick that you traded Watkins for turning into a player as good as Darby. :doh::lol:

You hit on my issue with the trades at the very end: why give up players that have proven that they can do the job in the NFL for picks that are total mysteries at this point?

This could not be more spot on, in my opinion.

I cannot understand how cavalier many people are about truly gifted players. Or maybe it's just that they don't see him as such. For me, Watkins jumps out every time he is on the field. He is in a class above 95% of the players in the NFL in terms of his talent. And while he hasn't fully actualized that talent yet, even young Sammy learning his way into the NFL is a lot better than most other options. When you have a guy like that, you keep him, unless it will cripple the team financially, which it certainly would not in this case - even at the franchise tag amount.

I love the draft as much as the next guy, but how people talk themselves into the idea that all of these draft picks will magically turn into good players, when even the best-drafting teams strike out more often than not, is beyond me. You want draft picks so you can find guys like Sammy! But if you just get rid of them once you get them, what's the point?

I find it truly amazing that YOU call out posters as "fan bashers." :lol:

Need I remind you that you were a complete a*hole fan-basher and Donahoe defender during the initial tear-down that initiated the drought?

You were wrong then........you are wrong now.

Posting stupidity is your thing here..........HOF level failure of a poster.

I guess you'll never learn not to trust the thinks that come into yer head.

Keep blaming Tim Graham for the losing though. :thumbsup:

Dear Bills owners, GMs, coaches and players,

Exhibit A. I rest my case about people who piss themselves over the dumbest things.

Sincerely,

Fans who don't lie while shoving their noses up the ass of Tim Graham.

You mean like the one he got from patting his own teammate on his helmet?

not sure your point using this example as opposed to all the others over the years - but if he wants to stop being the target of the refs for stuff like this he needs to stop the real penalties in the first place. The refs were wrong to call that one, but on one of the plays before that he had shoved Brady late and it wasn't called. I'm pretty sure they were made aware that they missed that and were going to get him regardless. Edited by YoloinOhio

I find it truly amazing that YOU call out posters as "fan bashers." :lol:

I'm not bashing Bills fans......the inability to understand the value of talent is not at all exclusive to Bills fans....it's universal.

And even if you/they loved this stupid Watkins trade.........that's not the fans fault.

They have two choices.......take it and like it.

The nature of fandom is that a certain segment will buy ANYTHING the organization tells them.

And the more upset they are with past results.......very often the MORE they like seeing the established heads of high profile players like Jason Peters or Marshawn Lynch or Sammy roll.....regardless of the harm done.

The impetus is ENTIRELY on the organization to be successful..........fans and media have virtually zero impact on that.

Excellent post. What I'm about to say isn't really all that germane, but if they somehow get lucky and get to 5-3 by midseason, there is no getting around the fact that you need talent to maintain the momentum. And unlike in MLB, they won't be able to trade prospects (in the form of draft picks) for the talent that'll get them to the 10-win finish line. Also, the final 8 games - five of which are at home - add up to a pretty easy schedule, relatively speaking (Indy, NE, NO, TB, Oakland, KC, the Jets, and SD). Instead, they'll be trotting out Gaines and a truly subpar WR corps, and they're likely to perform as they always perform after a halfway decent start -- terribly.. But I guess there's always next year!

Edited by dave mcbride