Andrew Luck not ready to start regular season

YoloinOhio

So what? The Colts only made the playoffs three times in a row once as division winners and got to the AFC Championship game. That's just kids play for Bills fans.

Same with Newton. All he did was get to a Super Bowl. He didn't WIN it, and that proves Tyrod Taylor is the answer at quarterback.

Except no one is saying anything that you claim anyone is saying. NOT ONE person has said TT is the answer at QB...not one. But keep making things up...suits you well.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except no one is saying anything that you claim anyone is saying. NOT ONE persons said TT is the answer at QB...not one. But keep making things up...suits you well.

And neither is Andrew Luck, apparently. Because as Bills fans we have discriminating taste in quarterbacks, and only the bestest of the best will do.

And neither is Andrew Luck, apparently. Because as Bills fans we have discriminating taste in quarterbacks, and only the bestest of the best will do.

Post 215 is still waiting. No one has said that they wouldn't take Luck over what we have. No one. Your little group makes dishonest, absurd posting which has to be challenged, and then when challenged, it's either never responded to from your group, or deflection responses because you have no answer.

Edited by JM2009

No one has even mentioned Tyrod in this thread except for exceedingly annoying fan club.

No, what was pointed out was the irony how what is a "reason" to validate Lucks struggles is labeled excuses for Taylor. And its not just Taylor, its the case with every Bills player...its always an excuse for the Bills player and valid for others. They hypocrisy is what is comical.

Bottom line: Luck is good, but over rated to mythological status is the point. Now he is also becoming an injury report regular...again, people will defend and validate it, but injuries are just an excuse for Sammy even though his main injury is more likely not to reoccur or affect the rest of his career.

#Hyporcrits

No, what was pointed out was the irony how what is a "reason" to validate Lucks struggles is labeled excuses for Taylor. And its not just Taylor, its the case with every Bills player...its always an excuse for the Bills player and valid for others. They hypocrisy is what is comical.

Bottom line: Luck is good, but over rated to mythological status is the point. Now he is also becoming an injury report regular...again, people will defend and validate it, but injuries are just an excuse for Sammy even though his main injury is more likely not to reoccur or affect the rest of his career.

#Hyporcrits

It was a point that was lame and uninteresting. Next!

Post 215 is still waiting. No one has said that they wouldn't take Luck over what we have. No one. Your little group makes dishonest, absurd posting which has to be challenged, and then when challenged, it's either never responded to from your group, or deflection responses because you have no answer.

While I get we still have question marks at our QB position, I would take our situation right now every single time over the Colts.

Try reading. Christ.

Well give me Rivers or Brees or Stafford or Ryan or Luck any day of the week. I will build a team around those guys and their $25m a year contracts.

Yes it is a team game and yes there are only a very very select few (Brees was one in his absolute pomp) who can overcome other deficiencies to win but that does not mean everyone beneath that calibre is created equal. If I still have 8-10 years of Andrew Luck as my Quarterback I still have a window and to be honest if I was Chris Ballard I'd shut him down this year. If the Colts suck in 2017 (and without Luck they are sure to) Pagano is out and then Ballard gets his own coach, a top 5 draft pick to use or trade for more and a stud Quarterback. Then they are primed for a run.

EDIT: and if we must do the playoff numbers game.... Peyton Manning's 1st three playoff games: 0-3. Avg less tjan 200 ypg passing, worse than 50% completion rate.... 1TD, 2INTs. I suppose at that point he was mythically overrated too?

Edited by GunnerBill

Except Brees, Rivers, and Luck are not routinely in the hunt every year. Brees, the most prolific passer in the NFL since going to the Saints, hasn't made the playoffs or even had a winning record in 5 years. Rivers too. Luck hasn't done anything since his division has improved.

Luck, Brees, Rivers, Ryan, Stafford...5 of the 10 highest paid people in the NFL, and routinely all considered in the top 3 to 10 in the league have 3 playoff appearances combined between them in the last 3 seasons out of 15 opportunities. And Stafford owns 2 of those playoff births who is probably the lesser regarded in that bunch of 5 QB's by most people. People talk about Cam Newton too...yet only 2 winning seasons in 6 years.

Don't forget also need decent team and coaching. Saints have talent outside Brees, but not cohesive. Chargers have similar problems, plus have changed coaches. The colts... Have Luck and little else since Arians left. Don't even get me started on the Lions...

Well give me Rivers or Brees or Stafford or Ryan or Luck any day of the week. I will build a team around those guys and their $25m a year contracts.

Yes it is a team game and yes there are only a very very select few (Brees was one in his absolute pomp) who can overcome other deficiencies to win but that does not mean everyone beneath that calibre is created equal. If I still have 8-10 years of Andrew Luck as my Quarterback I still have a window and to be honest if I was Chris Ballard I'd shut him down this year. If the Colts suck in 2017 (and without Luck they are sure to) Pagano is out and then Ballard gets his own coach, a top 5 draft pick to use or trade for more and a stud Quarterback. Then they are primed for a run.

EDIT: and if we must do the playoff numbers game.... Peyton Manning's 1st three playoff games: 0-3. Avg less tjan 200 ypg passing, worse than 50% completion rate.... 1TD, 2INTs. I suppose at that point he was mythically overrated too?

Boom!

Couldn't agree more GB. I'd trade every player on the Bills for Luck and count myself lucky.

Try again...Luck has SIX playoff games, not THREE.

I would take Mariota over Luck...and I wouldn't hesitate. I would also take Carr over Luck...and I wouldn't hesitate. Both those guys I think will enter MVP consideration this year, not sure they will win it, but they will both keep their names in legit discussion assuming no injuries cutting the season short.

In fact, I would take all of these QBs over Luck right now to play this season to give my team the best chance to win. There is no disputing most this list, I am sure a couple people living on the draft hype of Luck, the fantasy stats he compiled early in his career in what was then an awful division, and his over exaggerated Elite status will have an issue with a couple names, but every one of these QBs either has an iron clad case to be chosen over Luck to a very legit case to be taken over him right now.

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Mariota

Carr

Wilson

Ben

Cam

Stafford

Rivers

Cousins

Winston

EDIT: Somehow forgot Matt Ryan, he is obviously on this list too.

And making a close case for himself with only one year under his belt, Dak. I think by years end, Wentz has the potential to enter this discussion too, however too early right now on both these guys, need to see a sophomore year first before we really get a better picture of where they are headed. Dak had the better year, but Wentz has looked amazing going into this regular season. None of it matters once Week 1 starts, both need to show very well in year 2 before I can consider them ahead of Luck.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I would take Mariota over Luck...and I wouldn't hesitate. I would also take Carr over Luck...and I wouldn't hesitate. Both those guys I think will enter MVP consideration this year, not sure they will win it, but they will both keep their names in legit discussion assuming no injuries cutting the season short.

In fact, I would take all of these QBs over Luck right now to play this season to give my team the best chance to win. There is no disputing most this list, I am sure a couple people living on the draft hype of Luck, the fantasy stats he compiled early in his career in what was then an awful division, and his over exaggerated Elite status will have an issue with a couple names, but every one of these QBs either has an iron clad case to be chosen over Luck to a very legit case to be taken over him right now.

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Mariota

Carr

Wilson

Ben

Cam

Stafford

Rivers

Cousins

Winston

And making a close case for himself with only one year under his belt, Dak. I think by years end, Wentz has the potential to enter this discussion too, however too early right now on both these guys, need to see a sophomore year first before we really get a better picture of where they are headed. Dak had the better year, but Wentz has looked amazing going into this regular season. None of it matters once Week 1 starts, both need to show very well in year 2 before I can consider them ahead of Luck.

You forgot Taylor.

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Mariota

Carr

Wilson

Ben

Cam

Stafford

Rivers

Cousins

Winston

Ha ha ha.

Is your list factoring in health?

Ha ha ha.

Is your list factoring in health?

It factors everything in. There isn't a QB on that list you sit back and say Luck is absolutely the better choice. There are QB's on that list who are unquestionably the pick over Luck. There are only a few that are a valid debate, and in those cases I still choose them over Luck.

These QB's have either flat out done/accomplished more, proven themselves more, or are currently ascending during a time Luck is descending and has availability issues. The 3 future studs of the NFL QB circle are going to be Carr, Mariota, and Winston IMO.

So given you laughed 3 times, why don't you fill us in on who on that list is so funny to choose over Luck as you make it sound like the whole list is bad.

I can tell you that anyone who puts him ahead of Bress, Brady, Ryan, or Rodgers needs their head examined and doesn't know what they are talking about.

Anyone who puts him ahead of guys who are proven winners like Ben and Wilson are crazy IMO.

Anyone who puts him ahead of guys like Stafford and Rivers havent been paying attention to how good those guys have been for much longer.

I can see if people want to debate guys like Cousins and Cam, but they have done quite a bit more than Luck these last 2 years, and I will take their potential and more recent resume over what Luck did 3 years ago in what was then a weak division. Plus Cam has made the big dance despite missing his best WR for the season.

Then you have the other young buck trio of Carr, Mariota, and Winston. If you don't know how good they are, you might not be paying attention. Carr was a legit MVP candidate before the injury. Mariota was the most productive QB in the entire NFL last year between weeks 3-12 before he broke his leg and making his own sleeper MVP rumbles. Winston is a rapidly ascending and substantially talented QB and leader on the field. You want to argue for Luck over them, be my guest...but all 3 of those guys are seriously ascending while Luck has been descending and I would rather bet on their futures than Lucks at this point IMO.

Edited by Alphadawg7