Andrew Luck not ready to start regular season

YoloinOhio

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would trade 4 firsts for Luck.

And that would be a terrible trade for us...litrally awful.

Four firsts for a QB who can't stay healthy, has a cap killing contract that makes it very difficult to build a quality roster around him, and has never once had a post season (in 3 postseasons) where he had more TD's than Int's. A guy who puts up big stats on bad teams and too often under performs against good teams, especially in the playoffs.

Four firsts for a QB who can't stay healthy, has a cap killing contract that makes it very difficult to build a quality roster around him, and has never once had a post season (in 3 postseasons) where he had more TD's than Int's. A guy who puts up big stats on bad teams and too often under performs against good teams, especially in the playoffs.

well sure, if you want to get picky.........

If Ryan Grigson was your GM you might as well

Over the last 4 years it would equal EJ Manuel, Sammy Watkins, and Shaq Lawson.

I do it every single time and wouldn't bat an eye.

The reason the Colts aren't good with Luck isn't because of the cap. Its because they have been bad at drafting, and have made stupid trades.

Over the last 4 years it would equal EJ Manuel, Sammy Watkins, and Shaq Lawson.

I do it every single time and wouldn't bat an eye.

Which means nothing...you don't draft based on past results.

The reason the Colts aren't good with Luck isn't because of the cap. Its because they have been bad at drafting, and have made stupid trades.

Its because he is mistake prone, injury prone, and doesn't play to the same level against good teams that he does against bad ones. Its not like he's having a good game and the team around him is letting him down.

People let fantasy football scoring mask effective play. Because he does well in fantasy as a high volume thrower, people over look that he has more Int's and Fumbles than TDs in his career. Its amazing how most people don't even know that. And in his 3 best years where the Colts made the playoffs (benefiting form playing in what the worst division in football at that time), he never had a post season with more TDs than INTs...not once.

Again, not saying he is a bad QB, but I would never give up 4 firsts for a QB whose contract is worth more than his play on the field and has become one of the most fragile QB's in football. Not to mention, the Colts went 6-2 without him 2 years ago and only had 1 win with him that year.

Which means nothing...you don't draft based on past results.

Its because he is mistake prone, injury prone, and doesn't play to the same level against good teams that he does against bad ones. Its not like he's having a good game and the team around him is letting him down.

People let fantasy football scoring mask effective play. Because he does well in fantasy as a high volume thrower, people over look that he has more Int's and Fumbles than TDs in his career. Its amazing how most people don't even know that. And in his 3 best years where the Colts made the playoffs (benefiting form playing in what the worst division in football at that time), he never had a post season with more TDs than INTs...not once.

Again, not saying he is a bad QB, but I would never give up 4 firsts for a QB whose contract is worth more than his play on the field and has become one of the most fragile QB's in football. Not to mention, the Colts went 6-2 without him 2 years ago and only had 1 win with him that year.

Am I reading this wrong?.... because he has 132 passing TD's and 14 rushing TD's.....144 total.

He has 68 INT's and 10 fumbles.....78 total (not sure how many lost)

Edited by Teeflebees

That's 100% spot on. It was a no brainer to draft Luck. Other than that the drafting has been substandard and the trades questionable at best.

Am I reading this wrong?.... because he has 132 passing TD's and 14 rushing TD's.....144 total.

He has 68 INT's and 10 fumbles.....78 total (not sure how many lost)

Sorry I was talking about Playoffs...as you see in rest of the paragraph, but realize I said playoffs after that sentence and wasn't clear, so my bad.

But on his regular season totals, you forgot his 27 fumbles while passing. The fumbles you mention are only on plays where he was labeled a runner. He has 105 Interceptions and Fumbles in the regular season combined. Anyone who throws a pick or fumbles 105 times in 70 games (less than 4 and a half seasons of games) is not worth 4 first round picks and a cap strangling contract. Anyone who has more INTs than TDs in 3 playoff seasons, including never having one with more TDs than INTs doesn't deserve 4 first round picks and a cap killing contract. Add in that he has become a serious injury concern, and I will again say its one of the worst contracts in the NFL right now.

Colts are trapped with him, for better or worse.

I do find it interesting that people here will validate Luck, his struggles, etc over and over again, but if anyone here tries to logically discuss contributing factors to Taylors struggles its all excuses. Luck has become infallible, yet he's only played 5 years and managed 105 Fumbles and Interceptions and has been more fragile than Sammy the last 2 years.

Sorry I was talking about Playoffs...as you see in rest of the paragraph, but realize I said playoffs after that sentence and wasn't clear, so my bad.

But on his regular season totals, you forgot his 27 fumbles while passing. The fumbles you mention are only on plays where he was labeled a runner. He has 105 Interceptions and Fumbles in the regular season combined. Anyone who throws a pick or fumbles 105 times in 70 games (less than 4 and a half seasons of games) is not worth 4 first round picks and a cap strangling contract. Anyone who has more INTs than TDs in 3 playoff seasons, including never having one with more TDs than INTs doesn't deserve 4 first round picks and a cap killing contract. Add in that he has become a serious injury concern, and I will again say its one of the worst contracts in the NFL right now.

I do find it interesting that people here will validate Luck, his struggles, etc over and over again, but if anyone here tries to logically discuss contributing factors to Taylors struggles its all excuses. Luck has become infallible, yet he's only played 5 years and managed 105 Fumbles and Interceptions and has been more fragile than Sammy the last 2 years.

Side by side Luck is a much better QB than Tyrod, and it's not close.

So when you said "...Because he does well in fantasy as a high volume thrower, people over look that he has more Int's and Fumbles than TDs in his career. Its amazing how most people don't even know that..." you were talking about his career in the postseason? Because you said his career, and then were amazed how most people don't even know that.

Colts are trapped with Luck...and you're trying to equate his and Taylor's respective 'struggles'...please go on.

What does "side by side" mean? Head to head, Luck is 0-1 against Tyrod.

Are you guys being serious? Is this what the guy meant the other day when he said Bills fans were stupid?

So when you said "...Because he does well in fantasy as a high volume thrower, people over look that he has more Int's and Fumbles than TDs in his career. Its amazing how most people don't even know that..." you were talking about his career in the postseason? Because you said his career, and then were amazed how most people don't even know that.

Colts are trapped with Luck...and you're trying to equate his and Taylor's respective 'struggles'...please go on.

Are you guys being serious? Is this what the guy meant the other day when he said Bills fans were stupid?

Kim Jung QB must not be criticized. You must blindly follow. The dear QB appreciates your loyalty.