Sammy will be a free agent. If healthy get him back.

Cherrybone

Bold predictions:

Sammy Watkins will listen to his agent/management and become a free agent after this season.

He will sign with a playoff-competitive team with an established quarterback.

That team will not be the Buffalo Bills, and we shall be happy we got anything at all for him.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sounds crazy. However just think. There are many ways this can become a reality. Sammy may show flashes but not be able to produce at no fault of his own. Qb play may hurt him this season. The Bills now have multiple picks to draft their qb of the future. Matthews, and the rest of the receivers along with Tyrod may not fit the bill and it may make things harder on McCoy.

With a qb in place and Shady playing at a high level with Sammy on the outside, you never know. My idea is also wishful thinking. Miss Sammy already.

We all miss Sammy but cmon man let it go ,

We let Sammy go in his rookie contract , do you really believe FO will bring him back at $10mil or more a year ?

I don't thinks so ,

Bold predictions:

Sammy Watkins will listen to his agent/management and become a free agent after this season.

He will sign with a playoff-competitive team with an established quarterback.

That team will not be the Buffalo Bills, and we shall be happy we got anything at all for him.

Let's all hope that he stays with the Rams , I don't even want to think about him signing with Patriots* or Dolphins

We all miss Sammy but cmon man let it go ,

We let Sammy go in his rookie contract , do you really believe FO will bring him back at $10mil or more a year ?

I don't thinks so ,

Let's all hope that he stays with the Rams , I don't even want to think about him signing with Patriots* or Dolphins

I'd like to see him go to the Panthers.

there's no way the rams don't re-sign him. why even bother with the trade if that's not in your plans. they may have to take a chance and throw some cash at him, but i'd be shocked if there's not a deal in place fairly soon.

Sorry Teff I normally agree with you 99% of the time ,

I don't believe it will be fairly soon , maybe by mid season IF he's 100% healthy and is tearing it up ,

He was among the best if not the best receiver in the game the last 8 games of 2015.

He had a serious foot injury last season that from all accounts is now 100%. He was going to produce big time this year, IMO.

You keep him from FA next year by picking up his option.

Not sure who you've been watching the past dozen plus years, but this regime has been a mess for a longgg time. A couple of newbies doesn't change that until the results on the field change.

If we had an established QB yeah it would of been a no brainer to option him. Why pay 13/14 million a year for a WR when you don't have a QB that can maximize his talent?

The decision to trade him was an easy one.

Edited by PABillsfan23

If we had an established QB yeah it would of been a no brainer to option him. Why pay 13/14 million a year for a WR when you don't have a QB that can maximize his talent?

The decision to trade him was an easy one.

Because the plan is to acquire a franchise QB is the 2018 draft. Stupid and shortsighted trade.

He was among the best if not the best receiver in the game the last 8 games of 2015.

He had a serious foot injury last season that from all accounts is now 100%. He was going to produce big time this year, IMO.

You keep him from FA next year by picking up his option.

Not sure who you've been watching the past dozen plus years, but this regime has been a mess for a longgg time. A couple of newbies doesn't change that until the results on the field change.

The whole regime isnew, cut the crap and get over the watkins trade.

Why do they deserve the benefit of the doubt from him? Does he not have a right to be skeptical or to have an opinion?

These were his words and they are completely wrong:

Not sure who you've been watching the past dozen plus years, but this regime has been a mess for a longgg time.

I wasnt saying anything about him and hid desire to be skeptical; rather just correcting some silly notion that this regime has had anything to do with the extreme Whaley funk combined with his predecessors.

fixed it for you

You didnt fix crap. Hes completely wrong this regime has been here months with out a record to base anything on. They arent nor can be lumped in with the Whaley disaster snd his predecessors, to fo thst eould be completely dishonest and childish because you dont agree with the trade.

The argument is so invalid it actually sound like someone with no knowledge of Bills history stated it rather a supposed fan and member af a Buffalo Bills forum.

Why do they deserve the benefit of the doubt from him? Does he not have a right to be skeptical or to have an opinion?

The skepticism being exhibited toward the new regime is very understandable. It just traded one of the top receivers in the league for an unremarkable DB and a draft pick. But the lamenting response by some as if this transaction was a stunning surprise doesn't correspond to the situation. It was apparent (at least to me) that when a tender was not offered to Watkins that it was a clear indication that he wasn't in the organization's long term plans.

You more than anyone else advocated for not taking a qb in this year's draft in order to wait to see if TT can make the leap into legitimacy or draft a qb in the next draft class where you found it to be richer and deeper. So now when the new regime maneuvers to better position itself to select an authentic franchise qb you express grave doubts. What the Bills are doing is exactly what you called for!

I believe that Watkins is one of the top receiver talents in the league. But the situation in Buffalo as it stands would never allow him to fulfill his potential. As I have stated before even with the acknowledgement of his exceptional talent because of the caliber of qbing and the design of the offense the production level would not be much diminished without the talented receiver.

The Bills are rebuilding the roster through the draft. The quickest way to do it is to have many draft chips in the bucket. That's exactly what is now being done. Whaley added talent while McDermott is building a more coherent roster. I believe that McDermott is taking a more conceptual and smarter approach to building a roster.

I have never been a fawning devotee and unquestioning stooge of this failed franchise. What is going on here is a refreshing change from the incremental and short-sighted approach that this franchise has historically taken.

You didnt fix crap. Hes completely wrong this regime has been here months with out a record to base anything on. They arent nor can be lumped in with the Whaley disaster snd his predecessors, to fo thst eould be completely dishonest and childish because you dont agree with the trade.

The argument is so invalid it actually sound like someone with no knowledge of Bills history stated it rather a supposed fan and member af a Buffalo Bills forum.

Most of the names have changed but whether the structure and dysfunctional nature of things has changed is another matter.

As I've mentioned in other threads.......not many organizations allow two nobodies to come in and sweep out all of their predecessors high draft picks.

In most places.......this tear down would be considered EXTREME considering that these guys have pee'd exactly zero drops in these positions and don't come from illustrious trees of success.

But in Buffalo.......this is par for the course.

It comes down to TPegs poor stewardship........INARGUABLE to date.......who as a football person is showing signs of being as clueless as Ralph.

You can drain the swamp but it will just re-fill if you don't alter the actual landscape.

You didnt fix crap. Hes completely wrong ​in my opinion this regime has been here months with out a record to base anything on. They arent nor can be lumped in with the Whaley disaster snd his predecessors, to fo thst eould be completely dishonest and childish because you dont agree with the trade.

That doesn't make any sense. They have made a lot of decisions so far. Some I really liked (the trade down, Zay, Boldin), some I hated (Watkins, Yates, etc...). They haven't earned anyone's respect yet. The keyword there is EARNED. Just because you get handed a job doesn't mean that you are good at it. We just went through the Rex Ryan era. We have every right to be skeptical. We will see how it plays out but for now the jury is out.

The skepticism being exhibited toward the new regime is very understandable. It just traded one of the top receivers in the league for an unremarkable DB and a draft pick. But the lamenting response by some as if this transaction was a stunning surprise doesn't correspond to the situation. It was apparent (at least to me) that when a tender was not offered to Watkins that it was a clear indication that he wasn't in the organization's long term plans.

You more than anyone else advocated for not taking a qb in this year's draft in order to wait to see if TT can make the leap into legitimacy or draft a qb in the next draft class where you found it to be richer and deeper. So now when the new regime maneuvers to better position itself to select an authentic franchise qb you express grave doubts. What the Bills are doing is exactly what you called for!

I believe that Watkins is one of the top receiver talents in the league. But the situation in Buffalo as it stands would never allow him to fulfill his potential. As I have stated before even with the acknowledgement of his exceptional talent because of the caliber of qbing and the design of the offense the production level would not be much diminished without the talented receiver.

The Bills are rebuilding the roster through the draft. The quickest way to do it is to have many draft chips in the bucket. That's exactly what is now being done. Whaley added talent while McDermott is building a more coherent roster. I believe that McDermott is taking a more conceptual and smarter approach to building a roster.

I have never been a fawning devotee and unquestioning stooge of this failed franchise. What is going on here is a refreshing change from the incremental and short-sighted approach that this franchise has historically taken.

I asked for a trade down and an extra 1st in 2018 and got it. I have still been advocating for the QB in 2018 but not with the "half pregnant" approach. I said they should either compete or tear it down. They have done a little of both. They said, let's get a little worse in 2017 but still make sure that we win 6 games. It is going to be tough to get up to get a QB when the teams picking ahead of you are QB starved. If Rosen and/or Darnold return to school the pool (although still deep) gets thinned out of some of the top talent. Edited by Kirby Jackson

That doesn't make any sense. They have made a lot of decisions so far. Some I really liked (the trade down, Zay, Boldin), some I hated (Watkins, Yates, etc...). They have earned anyone's respect yet. The keyword there is EARNED. Just because you get handed a job doesn't mean that you are good at it. We just went through the Rex Ryan era. We have every right to be skeptical. We will see how it plays out but for now the jury is out.

I asked for a trade down and an extra 1st in 2018 and got it. I have still been advocating for the QB in 2018 but not with the "half pregnant" approach. I said they should either compete or tear it down. They have done a little of both. They said, let's get a little worse in 2017 but still make sure that we win 6 games. It is going to be tough to get up to get a QB when the teams picking ahead of you are QB starved. If Rosen and/or Darnold return to school the pool (although still deep) gets thinned out of some of the top talent.

Its not an opinion this regime factually has nothing to do with any other regime this team has had. Facts dont care about your feelings.

Its not an opinion this regime factually has nothing to do with any other regime this team has had. Facts dont care about your feelings.

I'm not sure who debated otherwise? You've said that his opinions were "completely wrong."

I cannot think of a poster on this board for whom a greater degree of irony would apply

Comedy, right there...is he serious? Edited by Kirby Jackson

:lol: Funny you would post this.

One question has Sean and Brandon had any wins or losses in any season for the Buffalo Bills other than this season?

Did Sean or Brandon draft any picks for the Bills prior to the current year they hsve been established as the FO?

Did Brandon or Sean ever work in any role with the Bills prior than taking on their current roles?

Fid Sean or Brandon ever call into toa rogue coirdinator plays that would be of detriment yo the Bills?

Covered all the bases.

They sre brand new here.

They have nothing to do with the Whaley trash, Nix trash, or any other trash prior to them.

Facts are awesome.