Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm mixed on that. No confidence in Yates, but Peterman needs time to develop and no sense in ruining him in his first year if TT gets hurt, especially early in the season. Maybe cut him mid-season if a spot is needed because of other injuries. Kinda like the hockey, most guys play in the AHL first or play special teams while the get used to the NFL speed and game. It is at a whole 'nother level even if the guy has talent.

On playing with the ones, 4th game the O line usually plays most of the game... so keep the wide receivers in a little longer land let TT and Shady stay safe, while Peterman gets some reps. Yes TT needs some work on timing with WRs but I doubt he plays more than a couple of series in the 3rd game and maybe 1 series in the fourth, at least that is usually the pattern. Of course this is all my opinion, but if Peterman does in fact win the bkup role than he will need some work with the ones, even in practice towards the end of preseason. Then again, the Bills are not going anywhere this year, so does it really matter. Whatever is best for the long term of the team.

If TT is a long term inj thing you can always re-sign and start Yates or another vet.

But if Peterman passed the vet on depth chart that tells me they think enough of him to come in and finish a game or maybe play 2 or 3.

So no reason for Yates to have a Roster spot

Trolling takes no sides.

What % of heisman trophy winners are elite players?

Currently? I'd say Jameis, Mariota, & Cam. Ingram, Palmer and Bradford are still good starters and Henry is looking at an increased role. So a few are elite and a little over half from the last 10 years are good starters. Edited by Kirby Jackson

So in summary

what happens in college means little in the NFL?

(semi troll post)

you should know the answer to that.

well, I say depending on the position and since this topic is all about draft/Qb. that is one position to prove the transition for some with great collegiate careers, doesn't go so well at the next level and some do have great success.

roll the dice.

a rb, some wr or most defensive positions seem to handle the transition well and go on to have successful careers.

they'll likely draft one but who knows if it turns out to be that future "franchise Qb"?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Then we better hope that there are 3 or 4 franchise QBs in the 2018 draft class because 3 other teams will snap up QB's before Buffalo gets a chance.

Why does everyone assumes that will be picking between 10-15 ?

For all we know we could be 4-12 this season ,

Nobody in the national media thinks will win more then 6 games , for all we know we could end up in the picking between 1-5

Nobody in the national media thinks will win more then 6 games , for all we know we could end up in the picking between 1-5

that's just it. nobody knows. I don't think everyone assumes 10-15. but everyone doesn't see 1-5 either.

that's why they play the game.

So they haven't occurred, but he somehow has 2?

There's a lot more to 4th quarter comebacks than the QB. In wins, Buffalo's Defense allows 14.5 points per game. In losses they allow 30.5. For the Cowboys it's 18.5 & 24.3. Over the past 2 years the Bills have won and lost based almost entirely on whether their Jekyll & Hyde defense shows up or not. The offensive production has been pretty consistent, very rarely being a let down but also never truly carrying us to a win when the defense was falling apart.

Aaron Rodgers has 10 4QC in his 11 year career, Matt Stafford had 8 last year alone. Who would you rather have?

Wow Hokie .. I got a double reply .. .well let's take Rodgers first .. how many times has GB been behind being the offensive juggernaut they have been ... Green Bay 31 points per game last three years ... Detroit 17 ... wow can't imagine how Stafford would have more comeback opportunities ... please. I don't necessarily disagree on your defense . .but Buffalo has averaged 24 points and Tyrod is not good in the 4th quarter .. please just let the stats speak. Brady has 30+ 4th quarter comebacks. Top Game winning drives .. read this list .. Marino, Brady, Manning, Farve, Elway, Brees .. you're right ..it's a terrible barometer for QBs. Quit sticking up for an alum and face the facts. He's not bad .. he's servicable, but he cant' get us to the next level.

It most certainly is the case. My post was more directed at the 4th quarter comeback stat being used as some end all be all. Heck, week 16 should have been #3 in 2 years if the D/ST doesn't blow it in 80 seconds.

Like we looked at in the topic I started earlier this summer, I credit the O with 0 carries and 3 letdowns and I credit the D with 6 carries and a league high 9 letdowns. The team has been nuts!

:lol: and now he's reposting in every thread like it's somehow relevant :doh:

Yes I reposted as I never saw it and multiple boards that are active were talking Tyrod ... let me check those next and see if anyone had something of substance to say net of your replies.

This place is going to be electric if Peterman has a goood game tomorrow

i like Peterman alot....I just can't get over his arm strength....I'm just not sure it's enough to be a franchise guy....I think he can be really good in this league, but I see his ceiling as being no better than Alex Smith- which I think would initially be exciting for most fans, but ultimately may prove frustrating...just my opinion.

Edited by JaCrispy

Good question. The Bills could also be picking 15 to 20 or higher.

Its funny all the woe is me posts when we have a good but not stellar passing QB, a stellar rushing offense even w/o TT's #'s and addition by subtraction a better defensive scheme.

I could care less about the media. Show me a good product and that will correct itself. Is they think the loss of a part time Sammy will doom the team then it might be they haven't been paying too close attention.

Hey Hokie .. hopefully this link will cover

Looks like Greg and Colin aren't TT fans either .. say that's why Sammy has underachieved ... Ouch.

https://youtu.be/s5X-3KvmGGM

Yeah, they even specifically mentioned how they don't like TT because of his 4th quarter stats specifically! Oh wait...

I love how you said let the stats speak for themselves and then didn't present any of them, by the way. Go ahead and define some parameters for what you believe is a 4th quarter comeback situation and then see how many times we've been in them. And make sure to do it for the league so we're not just looking at stats in a vacuum with no context.

Green Bay hasn't scored 31 points per game the past 3 seasons by the way. 30.4 in 2014, 23.0 in 2015, 27.0 in 2016. Just like Detroit isn't averaging 17 points per game. 20.1 in 2014, 22.4 in 2015, 21.6 in 2016. And you didn't even answer the question. Would you rather have Rodgers or Stafford? Clearly Stafford since he has more 4th quarter comebacks in a shorter career to this point, right?

And Tyrod's stats in the 4th Quarter as a starter are: 119/201, 1,518 Yards, 7.55 YPA, 13 TD, 5 INT, 94.1 Passer Rating. He also had 72 runs for 313 Yards and a TD on the ground. If that's 'not good' then you have some incredible standards. It's not great, but I'm pretty comfortable saying it's good.

Currently? I'd say Jameis, Mariota, & Cam. Ingram, Palmer and Bradford are still good starters and Henry is looking at an increased role. So a few are elite and a little over half from the last 10 years are good starters.

I did ask for a %. to your post

Jameis, Mariota, are still undetermined, but things look positive.

Cam..... we've all read what people think of him here.

Palmer is good, elite? The jury is in and I think the answer is he is not.

Sam Bradford? The Sam Bradford. Whats the team count, 3 is it?

In the TBD row
Derrick Henry (non QB), Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton,
In the FAIL row
Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch
edited for clarity - not part of the above listings for obvious reasons
Mark Ingram and Reggie Bush - yeah, I heard of them ;) (- does that really need explanation?)
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

In the TBD row

Derrick Henry, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton,

In the FAIL row

Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch

Mark Ingram and Reggie Bush

Sam Bradford threw for 3,900 yards, completed 70% of his passes and only threw 5 INTs. His rating was 99.4. How in the world does that fall in the "fail" category? Mark Ingram had almost 1,100 yards last year and has been to the Pro Bowl. Again, how does that fall to fail?

Cam has been the MVP of the league!!! It's inarguable that he falls anywhere but elite. What is TBD?!?

Jameis and Mariota are arguably the 2 best young QBs in the world. They are well on their way.

Palmer has been good and it's too early to tell on Henry.

I think that what happened here is you were trying to troll that great college players don't make successful pros. That's what you thought would be the case. Since 2008 there have been 9 winners. There is 1 guy still in school, 4 starting QBs (3 franchise), 2 RBs that will split carries, a bust and a former ROY that flamed out with injuries. That's the list. The times have changed and it looks like not everyone has noticed.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

In the TBD row
Derrick Henry (non QB), Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton,
In the FAIL row
Mark Ingram and Reggie Bush - yeah, I heard of them ;)

Bush doesn't have a Heisman :devil:

i like Peterman alot....I just can't get over his arm strength....I'm just not sure it's enough to be a franchise guy....I think he can be really good in this league, but I see his ceiling as being no better than Alex Smith- which I think would initially be exciting for most fans, but ultimately may prove frustrating...just my opinion.

Watched a replay of the game last nite on NFL Network. Peterson looked solid. Has some work to do. But loved his poise. Looked confident and thought his arm was pretty solid to make all the throws. And got to love the scrambles. If only EJ could have run with that authority. lol

Thought Yates looked terrible. Dude should be cut if he plays like that against Philly. As for comparison w Alex Smith. See a much higher ceiling for Peterman. But right now that is just "potential".

Watched a replay of the game last nite on NFL Network. Peterson looked solid. Has some work to do. But loved his poise. Looked confident and thought his arm was pretty solid to make all the throws. And got to love the scrambles. If only EJ could have run with that authority. lol

Thought Yates looked terrible. Dude should be cut if he plays like that against Philly. As for comparison w Alex Smith. See a much higher ceiling for Peterman. But right now that is just "potential".

He kind of did until that Browns game.