Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

I still think given the Bills' history you draft one high as a hedge... Patriot's seem to draft a QB every year or so because they don't know how long they have Brady and while riding that wave can they keep Garapolo long enough or do we even know if Garapolo is a good enough replacement despite their lying statements.

Part of it is talent, the other is drive. Hard to evaluate drive at the next level because it is the next level and so far it appears we don't know Peterman's next level drive or if TT has enough talent for their system.

It depends on where we're picking. If we aren't able to get a top 2 pick I want no part in a mid to late 1st round QB because historically they have an extremely high bust rate. I guess if this class is as good as people say it might be the exception. We'll have to see how the upcoming class looks in the college season ahead.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flacco and Rodgers have done okay. It is not about where you pick them it is about who you pick. Brandon Weeden didn't bust because of where he was picked he busted because he isn't any good. But I agree let's see how this class looks come Jan/ Feb.

I completely forgot about Flacco, my bad. He is the only 1st round QB taken after #2 since Aaron Rodgers to have any kind of success. And his success consists mainly of one amazing postseason run. There's something about the QBs that the 2 most needy teams won't take but some mid-level team convinces themselves is good. I agree this isn't really predictive but it's definitely something to consider.

I completely forgot about Flacco, my bad. He is the only 1st round QB taken after #2 since Aaron Rodgers to have any kind of success. And his success consists mainly of one amazing postseason run. There's something about the QBs that the 2 most needy teams won't take but some mid-level team convinces themselves is good. I agree this isn't really predictive but it's definitely something to consider.

Matt Ryan? In general though I agree with your premises. Edited by Kirby Jackson

You act as if I said he sucked. I said he looked okay in his first preseason game action and I project him to be a career backup QB. Not exactly crapping on him.

BTW, there is a difference between critique and straight trolling that you have obviously yet to discern.

There are still 3 preseason games left , what happens if he keeps getting better and better with more games under his belt ? I know it's a lot of ( IF'S) but the only way to know for sure is to see ( eyes Chico they never lie )

Anyways let's see what he does with the 2's against Philly

There are still 3 preseason games left , what happens if he keeps getting better and better with more games under his belt ? I know it's a lot of ( IF'S) but the only way to know for sure is to see ( eyes Chico they never lie )

Anyways let's see what he does with the 2's against Philly

He should beat out Yates who looked like :sick: Might as well waive Yates if he's not going to serve as the #2.

He should beat out Yates who looked like :sick: Might as well waive Yates if he's not going to serve as the #2.

I agree I would rather give Peterman all the reps , and even with the 1st ( in practice of course ) but if he plays well this week , I would defenetlly let him have a drive or two with the 1st , in the 3rd preseason game ,

I agree I would rather give Peterman all the reps , and even with the 1st ( in practice of course ) but if he plays well this week , I would defenetlly let him have a drive or two with the 1st , in the 3rd preseason game ,

Neither Peterman nor Yates took a single rep with the #1 offense during training camp. With camp concluded and the start of the regular season on the horizon the need for Tyrod to develop chemistry with an all new WR corps takes precedence over taking a look at Peterman with the #1 offense. He hasn't earned that opportunity. Trying to secure the #2 as a rookie QB is enough for him at this juncture.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Neither Peterman nor Yates took a single rep with the #1 offense during training camp. With camp concluded and the start of the regular season on the horizon the need for Tyrod to develop chemistry with an all new WR corps takes precedence over taking a look at Peterman with the #1 offense. He hasn't earned that opportunity. Trying to secure the #2 as a rookie QB is enough for him at this juncture.

What happens if TT gets hurt ? I don't mean something serious but if he has to miss a game or two , you don't think ( that's of course if Peterman wins the backup spot) a backup QB needs to take some reps with the 1st ?

What happens if TT gets hurt ? I don't mean something serious but if he has to miss a game or two , you don't think ( that's of course if Peterman wins the backup spot) a backup QB needs to take some reps with the 1st ?

He'll win it. If Tyrod goes down with injury, he'll have to catch up with a crash course during a week of practice, but he should already know the offense with him being a pretty sharp kid.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I will say this if he shows promise again while playing against twos

Buh bye Yates no reason to carry 3 QBs if your development guy passes your savy vet on the depth chart

I'm mixed on that. No confidence in Yates, but Peterman needs time to develop and no sense in ruining him in his first year if TT gets hurt, especially early in the season. Maybe cut him mid-season if a spot is needed because of other injuries. Kinda like the hockey, most guys play in the AHL first or play special teams while the get used to the NFL speed and game. It is at a whole 'nother level even if the guy has talent.

On playing with the ones, 4th game the O line usually plays most of the game... so keep the wide receivers in a little longer land let TT and Shady stay safe, while Peterman gets some reps. Yes TT needs some work on timing with WRs but I doubt he plays more than a couple of series in the 3rd game and maybe 1 series in the fourth, at least that is usually the pattern. Of course this is all my opinion, but if Peterman does in fact win the bkup role than he will need some work with the ones, even in practice towards the end of preseason. Then again, the Bills are not going anywhere this year, so does it really matter. Whatever is best for the long term of the team.

If he's a threat to Tyrod (which he isn't) we will have our tank wishes come true. With TT they are going to win 6-7 games. With Peterman it's probably 3. I'd rather win 3 than 7. I want to win less than 4 or more than 9. The middle is the worst case scenario. The Bills should send Tyrod to Jax or Denver (some team that thinks they are close with garbage QBs).

And eat the roughly 2.5 million in dead money this year and the roughly 7. mil next year? ... Don't get me wrong, I think Denver is an EXCELLENT spot for Tyrod... Best spot in the league IMHO.... Question is, does McBeanie see it, and would they do it?

Absolutely, it is said by the professionals in here this is TT make or break year, his 7th in the league, yet NP has been written off as a career backup, maybe, after 2 quarters of his first ever NFL game. It's damn comical!

Agreed Old School .... crawl ... walk ... run ... he's at the crawl stage ... and many think that's the extent of his talent level in the NFL .. clipboard holder.

With all due respect you saw all of 7 minutes of NP under center in the NFL.

College does NOT = the NFL.

I don't watch college football and I could tell you Johnny Football would be the major bust he turned out to be.

My memory of Johnny football was thank goodness he had Mike Evans .. he'd heave the ball high in the air .. and it was Mike Evans who saved him by going up and getting it ... that aside ... the antics should of shown he couldn't be a leader and that's one of the most critical functions of that position.

If you are complacent with Peterman, you are complacent with losing. We have a QB already, let's see how the pro bowler does first.

Maybe he's a pro bowler because other QB's are still in the playoffs or opted not to play?? If I see Tyrod lead 4th quarter comebacks this year ... I'll change my tune ... those haven't occurred.

In 2016 per NFL situational stats ... in 4th quarter within 7 points .. 44% completion percentage, 3 TDs, 2 Ints, 65.8 Rating

Conversely ... Kirk Cousins a 4th round pick (Peterman analogy) ... same year .. 62% completion, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 94% Rating

Dak Prescott ..last year .. a rookie 4th rounder had 5 ... yes 5 .. 4th quarter comebacks.

Tyrod in his career ... yes career ... get ready .. 2. With our record ..he's had plenty of comeback opportunities .. the last few years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

Maybe he's a pro bowler because other QB's are still in the playoffs or opted not to play?? If I see Tyrod lead 4th quarter comebacks this year ... I'll change my tune ... those haven't occurred.

In 2016 per NFL situational stats ... in 4th quarter within 7 points .. 44% completion percentage, 3 TDs, 2 Ints, 65.8 Rating

Conversely ... Kirk Cousins a 4th round pick (Peterman analogy) ... same year .. 62% completion, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 94% Rating

Dak Prescott ..last year .. a rookie 4th rounder had 5 ... yes 5 .. 4th quarter comebacks.

Tyrod in his career ... yes career ... get ready .. 2. With our record ..he's had plenty of comeback opportunities .. the last few years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

So they haven't occurred, but he somehow has 2?

There's a lot more to 4th quarter comebacks than the QB. In wins, Buffalo's Defense allows 14.5 points per game. In losses they allow 30.5. For the Cowboys it's 18.5 & 24.3. Over the past 2 years the Bills have won and lost based almost entirely on whether their Jekyll & Hyde defense shows up or not. The offensive production has been pretty consistent, very rarely being a let down but also never truly carrying us to a win when the defense was falling apart.

Aaron Rodgers has 10 4QC in his 11 year career, Matt Stafford had 8 last year alone. Who would you rather have?