The Andre Holmes Questions ...

San-O

1. Had anyone on this board heard of him prior to Bills signing.

2. Why do they think he is a legit # 2?

3. BY one report, his dropped passes in training camp are becoming an issue.

4. What happens if/when Watkins goes down?

5. Was this a Whaley signing?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14403/andre-holmes

One has to wonder how many balls he has to drop before he starts to slide down the depth chart. He certainly has fallen behind expectations.

It would be nice to have a reliable 6'4" WR. If only Lewis had reliable hands!

And, why did we let Hunter walk? (Other than that he couldn't?)

One has to wonder how many balls he has to drop before he starts to slide down the depth chart. He certainly has fallen behind expectations.

It would be nice to have a reliable 6'4" WR. If only Lewis had reliable hands!

And, why did we let Hunter walk? (Other than that he couldn't?)

That's kind of one of the issues IMO: Zay Jones has never caught an NFL pass. He would have to move UP if Holmes can't catch or if Sammy goes down, or both.

That's kind of one of the issues IMO: Zay Jones has never caught an NFL pass. He would have to move UP if Holmes can't catch or if Sammy goes down, or both.

Jones has gone by Holmes. The plan was never for him to be behind Holmes. He has never caught an NFL pass but has caught more passes than any player in college football history (399). He wasn't a project. He's a guy coming in day one as a starter.

It's the rest of the guys that are an issue. Streater may go by Holmes as may others. Holmes will be a part-time player here and if Boldin is signed he is fighting for a roster spot IMO.

Jones has gone by Holmes. The plan was never for him to be behind Holmes. He has never caught an NFL pass but has caught more passes than any player in college football history (399). He wasn't a project. He's a guy coming in day one as a starter.

It's the rest of the guys that are an issue. Streater may go by Holmes as may others. Holmes will be a part-time player here and if Boldin is signed he is fighting for a roster spot IMO.

....Boldin won't sign......he'll wait for bigger money when an injury comes along and a club in need expands its checkbook..his last chance to cash IMO....Holmes will serve as decent depth.................

....Boldin won't sign......he'll wait for bigger money when an injury comes along and a club in need expands its checkbook..his last chance to cash IMO....Holmes will serve as decent depth.................

I don't disagree. He's made a good bit of money too. I don't see the Bills situation and small money swaying him.

Holmes and his drops have been an issue and that's unfortunate. I was never really high on him but I do hold hope for Streater and Shorts. Really think these kids crack the roster.

I'd be surprised now if Streater didn't make the 53. I think Shorts is more of a dark horse, still. But, I love the way he has preached TC, developing a chemistry with Peterman, first, and getting himself noticed. Really hope he succeeds.

1 - Yes, of course. I wondered why they signed Crabtree a number of years ago when they had Holmes and drafted Cooper. Looking at the numbers though, you can see why. 99 targets and only 47 receptions. Not a great ratio.

2 - Who is "they"? I didn't hear any of the front office or coaching staff tell us right out of the gate that he's a #2. As far as I know, he was going to compete for playing time like everyone else.

3 - Drops in camp are the same as spectacular plays in camp. Don't care now and won't care ever. He doesn't have a great record for catches in gametime though, and that does matter. Hey, did you know who else had a lot of drops? Robert Woods.

4 - If Watkins goes down the same thing happens as the last two years. Other guys play. There's probably better depth on this team now than with Woods and Hogan. Zay Jones is better than any #2 that we've had the last two years as well, at least as far as I've seen. Bigger target, better route runner and better hands.

5 - Don't know who signed him or wanted him and don't care. Not relevant.

I'd be surprised now if Streater didn't make the 53. I think Shorts is more of a dark horse, still. But, I love the way he has preached TC, developing a chemistry with Peterman, first, and getting himself noticed. Really hope he succeeds.

What have you personally seen Streater do in TC that makes you think this is the case?

What have you personally seen Streater do in TC that makes you think this is the case?

Well, I live on the West Coast, so, I have seen nothing. I'm just going by camp reports, and McDermott's statements, including that Streater has been "one of the highlights of camp, so far."

Well, I live on the West Coast, so, I have seen nothing. I'm just going by camp reports, and McDermott's statements, including that Streater has been "one of the highlights of camp, so far."

Oh, you are saying he will make it?

Misread by me. I have seen him and am impressed with him and Shorts.