Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Fiercely easy, maybe.  

Easy meh I dunno about that she doesn't give many *****'s I'll give her that. I am heterosexual but I THINK if I were a guy I'd be attracted to a No BS tell it like it is female like she is. She's a  rock stahh leo 🙂 

11 minutes ago, muppy said:

Easy meh I dunno about that she doesn't give many *****'s I'll give her that. I am heterosexual but I THINK if I were a guy I'd be attracted to a No BS tell it like it is female like she is. She's a  rock stahh leo 🙂 

I really have no issue with her.  I was only trashing her to get to you.  

Avatar shaming is not cool in 2022, Mup.  

:nana:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/20/2022 at 5:43 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I really have no issue with her.  I was only trashing her to get to you.  

Avatar shaming is not cool in 2022, Mup.  

:nana:

here you go Leo THIS will make you sweat like a ***** in church lmaooooo.  Easy Indeed.

Avatar shaming I havent shamed you Ive OUTTED you

😜

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, muppy said:

here you go Leo THIS will make you sweat like a ***** in church lmaooooo. KEEP TRYING leo hahahaaaa 

Avatar shaming I havent shamed you Ive OUTTED you

😜

🙉

I'll watch this R rated stuff you send over later.  

Just to put and exclamation point on that prior video, I wish when I was younger, I had half the self-confidence it took for that young lady to pursue her creative passion and do what she does.  It was a point of emphasis for my own children, in fact.

I didn't like the song so much, but respect the work put in, and some of the other stuff she brings to the table. 

• Like (+1) 1

@leh-nerd skin-erd@BringMetheHeadofLeonLett I never had heard of PJ Harvey until 2bd. my musical tastes and exposure have multiplied ten fold here.  I love creative talented people in my real life and 2bd too. It is a HUGE blessing for me.

We were fortunate enough to have funds to allow my children pursue their passions which both happened to be music. I watch artists who I know had to have had huge breaks to make it where they are professionally. It is NOT an easy thing to accomplish! Lot of uber talented folks never became famous or rich from their talent unfortunately.

Would muppy dress or dance like PJ Harvey? In my spirit Si'  to a point I like her fearlessness. She is a minx. 🙂

this next artist  is new for me but Im curious. 

Edited by muppy
typo

47 minutes ago, muppy said:

@leh-nerd skin-erd@BringMetheHeadofLeonLett I never had heard of PJ Harvey until 2bd. my musical tastes and exposure have multiplied ten fold here.  I love creative talented people in my real life and 2bd too. It is a HUGE blessing for me.

We were fortunate enough to have funs to allow my children pursue their passions which both happened to be music. I watch artists who I know had to have had huge breaks to make it where they are professionally. It is NOT an easy thing to accomplish! Lot of uber talented folks never became famous or rich from their talent unfortunately.

Would muppy dress or dance like PJ Harvey? In my spirit Si'  to a point I like her fearlessness. She is a minx. 🙂

this next artist  is new for me but Im curious. 

Music is awesome, I always tried to connect with my children through their choice in music.  I heard some interesting stuff along the way.   

I don’t like to objectify but yes, PJ has minx-like qualities if there is such a thing.  

On the professional thing, agreed—there are some very talented people who for any variety of reasons just never made it big in the traditional sense.  A thousand thighs have to go right to have sustained succes in a creative field. 

Btw my auto correct changed my attempt at “things” to “thighs”.  I’ma leave it as it seems appropriate here.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Music is awesome, I always tried to connect with my children through their choice in music.  I heard some interesting stuff along the way.   

I don’t like to objectify but yes, PJ has minx-like qualities if there is such a thing.  

On the professional thing, agreed—there are some very talented people who for any variety of reasons just never made it big in the traditional sense.  A thousand thighs have to go right to have sustained succes in a creative field. 

Btw my auto correct changed my attempt at “things” to “thighs”.  I’ma leave it as it seems appropriate here.   

living vicariously is a thing 🙂 Im just a happy retiree living her best life in socal. SALUD. leo mi flojo amigo mio

PS: watching a netflix series filmed in columbia with english subtitles has brought back a lot of my spanish language mindset, the flow of speaking as a native vs como una gringa it's very different. Immersing in spanish Im kind of liking it.  the lyric i needed to google. My Spanish isnt that proficient. Im going to try to translate it into english.

I was never into narco drama before but this has hooked me. 

de frentes remotos corruptos y mafiosos hombres con mujeres ya no hay miedosos mucha plata repartiste por los barrios convertiste a mis hermanos en sicarios mi patria no cae, tropieza o resbala se pone de pie, se limpia la cara contar esta historia mi patria no cae, una y mil veces tropieza o resbala no la borres de tu mente se pone de pie por nuestros muertos se limpia la cara que cayeron vilmente NUNCA MAS!

of corrupt and mafia remote fronts men with women there are no longer fearful a lot of money you distributed through the neighborhoods you turned my brothers into hitmen my country does not fall, stumble or slip stands up, wipes his face tell this story my country does not fall, a thousand times trip or slip don't erase her from your mind stands up for our dead wipes his face who vilely fell NEVER MORE!

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

My favorite Talking Heads song, with the keyboards replaced by a string sextet...

And for those of you who prefer the original, here is the version from the best concert movie ever made...

Here an early version. The audience shots do not indicate much enthusiasm...

Here is a cover version by Widespread Panic. The parts where they just play the TH song do not add anything new. However, the two guitar solos are excellent additions. Lastly, visually their bass player is no match for Tina Weymouth.

Edited by DrW
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/18/2022 at 7:39 PM, DrW said:

One of my favorite bands. They just made one album, the eponymous "Heron Oblivion". All the concert clips I could find from this band had Meg Baird's vocals turned even further down than on the record and I decided to go with the album audio instead.  

This is like Phideaux meets Walkabouts with a pinch of Sigur Rós. Holy crap. I love it. You have lifted my mood from the muck. Those two in return (and above, redundantly):

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Chin up!

More like bottoms up, which may be the issue?

Oh right. On topic, what's suitably obscure that I know and dozens of other people on planet earth may have heard of... but maybe is more popular on other planets?

On 7/21/2022 at 6:42 PM, DrW said:

the best concert movie ever made

That is a debatable one... I saw the Heads for this tour at Curtis Hixon Hall in Tampa and it was excellent no doubt. To me this is one of the top if not the top concert movies just because of the date but because of the talent and all the little stuff a lot of them don't show. Pennebaker did a great job on this one. A few parts are missing due to copyright laws but the general vibe is there.

@DrW I saw Talking Heads ***  live just once

EDIT was a side project called Tom Tom Club with Tina and her husband Chris Franz NOT talking Heads*****

Tom Tom Club Concert Setlist at San Diego Street Scene 1992 on September 12, 1992 | setlist.fm

What a GREAT show, and a very interesting experience. In San Diego they held "Street Scene" music festivals and invite artists from many genres to perform in multiple stages and locations downtown. Im going to google for the exact date and post the link.

Its funny the stuff u remember from shows sometimes. My distinct memory from the Tom tom club show was Tina Weymouth wearing a pair of levi button up 501 jeans that were easily 10 sizes too big for her small body. The way she shimmied around the pants settled at the widest part of her hips..she played that visual to the hilt...I kept thinking GF those pants are going to end up around yer ankles LOL Honest to God I don't know how she kept them on. I bet there was a story behind those jeans. It was very erotic I never thought of she like that before that show.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

King's X back after more than a decade.

I LOVE this band. They in fact are the only band that I have given a chat anacronym for Xxx

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

hot damn this bands sound is everywhere, Covering the Chats? lol................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1