Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

2 hours ago, muppy said:

PS: I vaguely heard about Womens Day this year. Is this a new "Hallmark" holiday? I'll have to google.. Is their a Mens day too? 

Oh I reckon not. By next year it might be illegal to be a man. But year, there's a new invented holiday because everyone needs a participation trophy for society I guess.

image.thumb.png.011802bc2afcebfb168a09de6c29df18.png

Grey Goose reminded me of this one;

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, muppy said:

it's hard to believe these 2 were ever married. Seems an odd pairing in some ways. But creatives do attract each other. Or maybe just an odd couple and case of opposites attract? 🙂

PS: I vaguely heard about Womens Day this year. Is this a new "Hallmark" holiday? I'll have to google.. Is their a Mens day too? 

this tune runs the gamut.

I'd have to disagree.  I'd say in more ways they were the same, but don't want to go into detail. (I think roles were flipped from her Sonny Bono relationship). Anyway, they had the same damn hair too! 😉 

And yes... There's a "Men's Day." It's every day!  Well, so I am told.  Yet, I just looked at my calendar and it says 2023 not 1953. 😆😉 

I wonder where we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate? 😼 

"But the hardest work I ever done is when I was trying to get myself a worried woman to ease my worried mind.
Now I'm gonna tell you just about how much hard work I had to do to get this here women that I'm a-tellin you about."

😆 

• Like (+1) 2

The Shaggs were a band of teenage sisters whose father financed their first and only album. It sounds somewhat like unintended free jazz; I dare you to listen to the full album. Among the fans of the band were Frank Zappa and Kurt Cobain.

• Like (+1) 1

Probably the best prog album that not many have heard... top notch top to bottom, their only offering... on the Sunflower label. The Dead did a couple on this label as well.

Edited by T&C

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

He seems a weird dude.  never shows his head,  But he's got it, whatever that is and my wife loves his songs.

That song hit me. Beautiful. 

Reminded me of a song I heard on Chappelle I liked 

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

this is a band my son saw recently in  NYC. I know nothing about them. Anybody?

Unwound is an American post-hardcore band. The band was formed in 1988 in Tumwater and Olympia, Washington by vocalist/guitartist Justin Trosper, bassist Vern Rumsey and drummer Brandt Sandeno. Sandeno was replaced in 1992 by drummer Sara Lund, who performed on their debut album in 1993. Wikipedia

Record labels: The Numero Group, Kill Rock Stars, MORE

Origin: Tumwater, WA (1991)

Genre: Post-hardcore, Indie rock, Punk rock, Noise rock, Math rock, Experimental rock, Rock

Edited by muppy