Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 3/2/2023 at 2:28 PM, muppy said:

my brand of eye and ear candy this morning  🙂

I was an Oasis fan but I've not really got into either brothers' solo stuff too much.

Liam's "Everything's Electric" is probably my favourite and his name is as strong as it gets. A very trustworthy and noble name. Noel is a bit of knob. 

• Like (+1) 1

Even for fans of "Family" their last album, "It's Only A Movie", is often just an afterthought. I like it; it is certainly a YES to Zappa's question "Does humor belong in music?". Tony Ashton's piano is a nice addition to their sound, especially on the title track.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

They've almost made this into a reggae song.  never heard it before.  Thanks for reminding me of this.

Steve was 20 when they recorded it... this is the other live song on side 2. Withering Tree on side 1 is one of my favorite Traffic tunes but there are just so many.

My avatar shown here:

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:07 AM, BritBill said:

I was an Oasis fan but I've not really got into either brothers' solo stuff too much.

Liam's "Everything's Electric" is probably my favourite and his name is as strong as it gets. A very trustworthy and noble name. Noel is a bit of knob. 

Cheers Mate! I only recently began listening to Liam solo. Oasis due to their worldwide fame I knew better. Please post in the thread. I'd love to hear your musical tastes being from Britain . Welcome! 

On 3/8/2023 at 3:40 PM, Ralonzo said:

Women's Day or something. So here's Allman & Woman.

it's hard to believe these 2 were ever married. Seems an odd pairing in some ways. But creatives do attract each other. Or maybe just an odd couple and case of opposites attract? 🙂

PS: I vaguely heard about Womens Day this year. Is this a new "Hallmark" holiday? I'll have to google.. Is their a Mens day too? 

On 3/8/2023 at 4:06 PM, DrW said:

Even for fans of "Family" their last album, "It's Only A Movie", is often just an afterthought. I like it; it is certainly a YES to Zappa's question "Does humor belong in music?". Tony Ashton's piano is a nice addition to their sound, especially on the title track.

this tune runs the gamut. The beginning gave me classical vibes, then almost a jazz vibe for me. Definite Zappa influences at play here too. First time listen. Interesting!

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1