Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

48 minutes ago, muppy said:

good morning 2bd . a song to raise your pulse For my nephew Preston

The backstory to that (free) performance is great:

https://hmmagazine.com/rage-against-the-machine-live-at-finsbury-park/

"In 2005, a man named Shayne Ward won the second season of The X Factor, the U.K. equivalent of American Idol, and his rise to fame would also include grabbing the Christmas number one with “That’s My Goal.” It would turn out to be the first of four straight years of X Factor singles winning the popular tradition. But in 2009, an English DJ and his wife, Jon and Tracy Morter, had had enough and created a campaign to make the anthem “Killing in the Name” the Christmas number one, an effort to break the streak. The band supported the cause, promising a free concert if the campaign was successful, and — quite literally against all odds — the band’s single outsold X Factor winner Joe McElderry’s version of Miley Cyrus’ “The Climb,” selling 502,672 copies to McElderry’s 450,838.

Live at Finsbury Park is that free concert. The band would even go on to donate 100% of the profits of the sale of “Killing in the Name” to the homeless humanitarian effort, Shelter, presenting a six-figure check to the nonprofit during the show."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

God money, I'll do anything for you
God money, just tell me what you want me to
God money, nail me up against the wall
God money, don't want everything he wants it all

No, you can't take it
No, you can't take it
No, you can't take that away from me
No, you can't take it
No, you can't take it
No, you can't take that away from me

Head like a hole
Black as your soul
I'd rather die than give you control
Head like a hole
Black as your soul
I'd rather die than give you control

Bow down before the one you serve
You're going to get what you deserve
Bow down before the one you serve
You're going to get what you deserve

Xxx

Edited by muppy

Two of my favorite bands of the early 1990s were Lush and Elastica. About five years ago, Miki Berenyi (Lush) and Justin Welch (Elastica), together with Michael Conley (Modern English) and KJ McKillop (Moose), formed the band Piroshka. Overall, the melodies of the songs and their sound are reminiscent of Lush, but with a stronger emphasis on the rhythm section.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Best thing i've watched/listen to in a while.  Mayer is magnificent.  If the Elvis movie is to be believed,  BB King was a great friend and inspiration to Elvis.  He's clearly inspired John Mayer.

BB wasn't gonna have the fawning though. Did you see his eyeroll? lmaooo. Hey glad you enjoyed that  DITTO. Here is another cool collab. Look at SRV' face when he hears the compliment right the beginning LOVE IT

true Masters RIP BB and SRV

• Thank you (+1) 1