Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 11/27/2022 at 5:22 AM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

This is my favorite performance, possibly recently, not including the Dublin Philharmonic Orchestra's rendition of Dvorak's New World Symphony

Thijs Van Leer + cocaine is a continent-rending weapon. This is at the point where Jan Akkerman was considered the best guitar player in the world. Probably rightly. Jimi gave us distortion and feedback and Eddie gave us hammer-ons but Jan Akkerman gave us sweep picking solos.

What do I have in my bizarre and frantic file to even compete? You kinda gotta go punk for that...

On 11/27/2022 at 8:21 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Here's where the mashup should go.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

recommended by a poster on Audioscience review to test speakers but I like it a lot.

Mainly know them from their metal covers. They are to flamenco what Apocalyptica is to cellos.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1

another female drummer 🙂  Love this song. Nice vibe very chill. Good Morning 2BD

This next one the lyric just came to my mind. It was the drum intro being Very similar 🙂

Edited by muppy

I've got a couple stragglers myself... here's one of the first AI generated music video, conceptualizing drummer Michel Langevin's Gigeristic art.

This probably needed to be in the frantic songs set a few nights/whiskeys ago... The Creation, Britain's answer to Paul Revere and the Raiders, or vice versa.

And just for fun... what if Rush were played on a more... limited... drum kit.

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, Simon said:

Damn, there's some great music in this thread.

Props to y'all.

Here's a bunch of spaghetti tossed at the wall....

Based on your picks, you should check out this fest:  https://birthplaceofcountrymusic.org/festival/.  Both Hayes and Ray Willie have performed in recent years.  2023 line up not yet announced.

51 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Based on your picks, you should check out this fest:  https://birthplaceofcountrymusic.org/festival/.  Both Hayes and Ray Willie have performed in recent years.  2023 line up not yet announced.

'Preciate the tip but I actually don't love (modern) country music; I'm more of a bluegrass guy when I get into that vein.

Ironic though that you picked the "birthplace", since this summer I spent 4 days camped at ROMP in Owensboro, KY. (the back yard of Bill Monroe and the birthplace of bluegrass)

Several of those days partying at the late night stage, standing about 15' in front of Rob Ickes and Trey Hensley. :D

• Like (+1) 1