Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

I admit that I don't listen a lot of new music.  Part of the issue is that I put a hard stop on listening for enjoyment as I work on my music or produce / mix for somebody else.  And the other part of it is that I *strongly dislike* the artificially loud nature of modern music.  Big Data, though?  Yeah, it's got the artificially loud delivery, but it also hits that sweet spot of the 1980s -- that I loved back in the day.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:48 PM, redtail hawk said:

solo her voice reminds me a bit of Haley Westenra who I love (but my speakers don't).  Didn't recognize her from this group at first:

I had heard of the Jenny’s but only heard them after hearing Ruth solo.  They have great voices that go very well together.  Check out “Glory Bound”.  Both Moody and Heather Massey are great lyricists.  I originally found Ruth through her work with Mark Knopfler (unlikely but perfect duo).  They each worked on albums of the other and toured together.

Edited by OGTEleven
  • Like (+1) 1

I just saw that Dead and Company will call it quits after there 2023 summer tour. I know Bill K has had some health issues and Bob does like playing with Wolf Bros but I am surprised they are quitting. They have been very successful touring as a GD offshoot band.

Jefferson Airplane spawned two musically different groups, Jefferson Starship and Hot Tuna. Here are two concert clips from the better one of the two (by far). However, I will admit that Jorma's vocals are not in the same class as Grace's.

Acoustic

Electric

• Like (+1) 1