Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Here's the back story:

Elvis Costello - Less Than Zero & Radio Radio - Saturday Night Live 1977

On December 17, 1977, when he appeared on Saturday Night Live, Elvis Costello was 23 years old. His debut album, My Aim Is True, had just come out in America a month earlier. When the Sex Pistols were unable to appear on the show as planned, Costello and his recently formed band, the Attractions, got their big break. They were supposed to play his single “Less Than Zero' but only a few bars into the song, Costello put a stop to it. “I’m sorry, ladies and gentlemen,” he said, “but there’s no reason to do this song here.” At that point he and the band launched into “Radio Radio,” a song that takes a jab at corporate-controlled broadcasting. Saturday Night Live producer Lorne Michaels was furious. According to some reports, he raised his middle finger at Costello and kept it up until the unapproved song was over. Costello was banned from the show for nearly 12 years. Elvis admits that he was copying Jimi Hendrix. Hendrix had done the same thing on the Lulu Show, when he went into an unscheduled rendition of the Cream song 'Sunshine Of Your Love'. Most of the stills here are from that Saturday Night Show along with other pics from the period.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

One of my favorite bands of the 1990s. For me, the highlight is the interplay between both vocalists - the more aggressive sound of lead singer Miki Berenyi and the ethereal back-ups of Emma Anderson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

"dream on" (1973), "get your wings" (1974) and "toys in the attic" (1975) were all their best work along with "rocks" (1976). once "draw the line" (1977) came out they went south, mostly because of tylers heroin addiction. 

I had "rocks" on vinyl but my first Aerosmith album I bought at grants for I believe about 4 bucks was "toys in the attic" which is my favorite album from them. "rocks" was their last good album in my opinion.

Early Aerosmith was so damn good. For me the line was drawn at 'Draw The Line'. Great song, meh album imo. Rocks is my fave by far. The 'Live Bootleg' album was a good listen too - always loved Tyler's intro to Toys "It's about time..."

On 8/30/2022 at 2:08 AM, redtail hawk said:

so much Buffalo Bills.  last one i promise

check out my avatar. This is the newly married Mrs, Jack White. I've posted about she previously. Her name is Olivia Jean 🙂 Very talented lady in her own right.

• Like (+1) 1