Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

17 hours ago, T&C said:

That is a debatable one... I saw the Heads for this tour at Curtis Hixon Hall in Tampa and it was excellent no doubt. To me this is one of the top if not the top concert movies just because of the date but because of the talent and all the little stuff a lot of them don't show. Pennebaker did a great job on this one. A few parts are missing due to copyright laws but the general vibe is there.

I like the Monterey Pop documentary very much. However, it seems to me much easier to make a "best of" movie when you can select from three days of footage. The Demme movie just shows the well-choreographed build-up of a single TH concert, starting with Byrne and a cassette player and ending with the full 9-person band.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DrW said:

I like the Monterey Pop documentary very much. However, it seems to me much easier to make a "best of" movie when you can select from three days of footage. The Demme movie just shows the well-choreographed build-up of a single TH concert, starting with Byrne and a cassette player and ending with the full 9-person band.  

Don't get me wrong... stop making sense is an awesome concert/video. I actually have a vhs copy of it in a box somewhere. I guess its the difference between a sterile kind of concert movie and a more free form look that makes me hum more. Woodstock, Monterey, etc... those types where you get the whole vibe. 

The Last Waltz just might be the greatest one ever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, T&C said:

Don't get me wrong... stop making sense is an awesome concert/video. I actually have a vhs copy of it in a box somewhere. I guess its the difference between a sterile kind of concert movie and a more free form look that makes me hum more. Woodstock, Monterey, etc... those types where you get the whole vibe. 

The Last Waltz just might be the greatest one ever.

In The Last Waltz, The Band was not in their best shape. "Rock of Ages" is a far better live recording. Well, in the end we will just have to agree to disagree - I prefer "Stop Making Sense".

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DrW said:

In The Last Waltz, The Band was not in their best shape. "Rock of Ages" is a far better live recording. Well, in the end we will just have to agree to disagree - I prefer "Stop Making Sense".

The shape I'm in?

Yeah, its just a matter of taste... I can listen to the Association and Black Sabbath and a lot of things in between or beyond either direction. Music is one of the greatest gifts we have imo.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, muppy said:

hot damn this bands sound is everywhere, Covering the Chats? lol................................................................................................................................................................................................

Not familiar with The Chatsm but every time someone posts Wet Leg I like them even more.

• Like (+1) 1