Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

@DrW This is one I have no idea if you've ever heard. I've had 3 original copies but sold them all,  I have a reissue copy now. Good stuff from a great label.

Each side of the album was a suite, "Over the Hills" on side one and "The Bastich" on side two. The cover features "Saint Steven" hugging his guitar floating up in the clouds as the sun radiates around him with a drawing of a sea monster slithering down at the edge of the ocean. No musicians were listed inside, just the producer, engineer and cover design folks. The lyrics on the inside of the gatefold and are quite poetic with the feeling of dread buried beneath some of the warmer imagery.

Edited by T&C

22 hours ago, T&C said:

@DrW This is one I have no idea if you've ever heard. I've had 3 original copies but sold them all,  I have a reissue copy now. Good stuff from a great label.

Each side of the album was a suite, "Over the Hills" on side one and "The Bastich" on side two. The cover features "Saint Steven" hugging his guitar floating up in the clouds as the sun radiates around him with a drawing of a sea monster slithering down at the edge of the ocean. No musicians were listed inside, just the producer, engineer and cover design folks. The lyrics on the inside of the gatefold and are quite poetic with the feeling of dread buried beneath some of the warmer imagery.

Thanks for posting this - I had never before heard of it. For me, the "Over the Hills" part did not do much. Most of the suite parts were not well developed and ended too quickly for my taste. The integration of political statements could be handled much smoother, as e.g. by Chicago on their first album (as the Chicago Transit Authority). Side two, "The Bastiche", I liked much better. There were at least three "songs"  (or parts of the suite) which I loved (Voyage To Cleveland; Sun In The Flame; Louisiana Home). Thanks again.    JW

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrW said:

I think I might be late to the party, but it just occurred to me that I had seen Moon Zappa before, as the girl flirting with Rusty in National Lampoon's European Vacation.

I had forgotten about her appearance in that one. Here is an obscure one her dad was in, with Vincent Price narrating. Still have a vhs copy only for that lol.

• Like (+1) 1

. I read he was the youngest guitarist ever sponsored by Gibson guitars. That means he gets free guitars. Im sure he has an electrical one by now 🙂 I thought this clip was cool 🙂 Im thinking carlos loved it.

On 6/25/2022 at 5:09 AM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I'll keep trying to get this band some love until I die. )

dude listening to this through my headphones I kept getting sound  twinges from one side to the other Im like Oh....oh....Oh...hahaha...what a band name. I officially give yer band some Love.

23 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

twas you who shared this band with me a while back. They rock hard me likey.