Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

@dhg Good Morning 2bd! This youtube is new for me and I can't believe what a CSN&Y vibe that came straight through. Good Vocals, guitar and rhythm add harmonies ..//here u have it and I think its great!~!~!!!  And the first verse and chorus fit perfectly into praise worship music Yes it does! wether it was intended or not Im not sure.

There are some youtubes that are just soooo sweeet they make me teary. in a good beautiful way. I love lyrics, I feel lyrics. This one brings memories flooding back of this time and place in my life. GLORIOUS.

m

beautiful voice, beautiful face, beautiful lyrics

My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window And I can't see at all And even if I could, it'd all be grey But your picture on my wall It reminds me that it's not so bad It's not so bad I drank too much last night, got bills to pay My head just feels in pain I missed the bus and there'll be hell today I'm late for work again And even if I'm there, they'll all imply That I might not last the day And then you call me and it's not so bad It's not so bad And I want to thank you For giving me the best day of my life Oh, just to be with you

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/12/2022 at 8:20 AM, muppy said:

Radiohead - Creep -Paris Zenith 2016 - YouTube

EDIT: Bands who hate their biggest hit article hahahaaaa poor suckers cry all the way to the bank.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jun/23/bands-hate-songs-led-zeppelin-stairway-heaven-radiohead-creep

radiohead never plays this song.  Thom Yorke has stated he dislikes it ..I'll look for a quote lol...their greatest hit. Go figure.

and concluding with an excellent cover. I need to investigate macy gray her voice sounds interesting not familiar with her music yet.

I love Radiohead and like most Radiohead's I cannot stand Creep lol

Here is some Radiohead I love-

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I needed the primer @Pete  Im not as into this band as many other folks are. I'll give it a go 🙂 Open minded I will listen and will report back my thoughts. I do think its snooty when they avow to dislike their greatest popular hits..I can see being tired of playing them every show but dislike? It feels ungracious/ungrateful to me meh I dunno 

m

Edited by muppy

On 1/12/2022 at 8:20 AM, muppy said:

EDIT: Bands who hate their biggest hit article hahahaaaa poor suckers cry all the way to the bank.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jun/23/bands-hate-songs-led-zeppelin-stairway-heaven-radiohead-creep

radiohead never plays this song.  Thom Yorke has stated he dislikes it ..I'll look for a quote lol...their greatest hit. Go figure.

and concluding with an excellent cover. I need to investigate macy gray her voice sounds interesting not familiar with her music yet.

you forgot the best Creep IMO

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I submit. these were amazing and well worthy of instruction and musicology porpoises LOL Im Hooked. I needed a primer now Im schooled @Pete

TYVM #Blessed #badass

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

you forgot the best Creep IMO

feed me seymour FEED ME...hahahahaaaaaa

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:20 AM, muppy said:

It's because Radiohead blatantly ripped off the Hollies: "Air That I Breathe" and flat out admitted it.  Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood, the writers of "Air That I Breathe" are credited as cowriters on: "Creep."

That's why they hate it.  They stole it and have to pay for it.

Speaking of Albert Hammond... Yeah, that's this guy.  Why wouldn't he sue Radiohead?  At least Radiohead flat out admitted it swiped "Creep" from Hammond.  Open and shut case.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's because Radiohead blatantly ripped off the Hollies: "Air That I Breathe" and flat out admitted it.  Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood, the writers of "Air That I Breathe" are credited as cowriters on: "Creep."

Speaking of Albert Hammond... Yeah, that's this guy.  Why wouldn't he sue Radiohead?  At least Radiohead flat out admitted it swiped "Creep" from Hammond.  Open and shut case.

You are good at figuring out which bands plagiarized Exiled.  You have a good ear for that

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

whoa...a can of worms I opened little did I know....story of my life lol hahaahaa

26 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

BOOM!~!~!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1