Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

They couldn't perform in front of a crowd for some reason, so they went to Rock Lititz....an unassuming group of buildings in Lancaster Co. PA where they stage most of the top concert tours....such a cool concept.  I wish they'd let people in to see rehearsals....maybe some year they'll figure something out to accommodate fans for a very unique, and probably ridiculously expensive, experience

a friend of mine sent me this link, we were Both Jackson Browne fans from waaay back in the day. This song just flooded my memory with how we saw him, this was 1977 in Buffalo, immediately followed by a camping trip to new hampshire and vermont wow what a spectacular memory ..Im posting the old and New youtube. wow...m

#ellen

Edited by muppy

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I havent heard any Gil Scott Heron in years that was really cool...and this song was new for me..he's just so smooooth and dreamy great vibey feel good music for me

m

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Always thought Adele lifted from Gnarls... "Crazy" & "Rolling in the Deep" are uncannily practically the same song!

lol holy crap you re RIGHT...I would have never gotten that Im not a huge adele fan.....yeah she is very good but almost too popular if that makes any sense I dunno....

m

Frank Zappa once asked the question: Does humor belong in music? His own answer was obvious. Here is another nice example - XTC posing as psychedelic band, The Dukes of Stratosphear

And here an early live recording of the Talking Heads. The sound engineer apparently decided to tone the drums down. Thus, Tina Weymouth's bass seems to be the rhythm section.

Edited by DrW
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Based on stuff I watched recently.  I saw parts of Madonna: Truth or Dare years back and rewatched this week.  Still enjoyable as a fan

Binged Cobra Kai 4.  Peter Cetera got a mention.  Daniel was a fan but Johnny wasn't!   Then I recalled in the 2nd movie he had possibly his most famous song.  love KK and Cobra Kai

Next Time I Fall with Amy Grant was a good song he did too.  I think that was in KK2.  

On 1/5/2022 at 6:59 PM, DrW said:

Frank Zappa once asked the question: Does humor belong in music? His own answer was obvious.

Not to everyone lol.

I'm not the biggest reggae guy out there but Bob nails it pretty good here.

• Like (+1) 1

Radiohead - Creep -Paris Zenith 2016 - YouTube

EDIT: Bands who hate their biggest hit article hahahaaaa poor suckers cry all the way to the bank.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jun/23/bands-hate-songs-led-zeppelin-stairway-heaven-radiohead-creep

radiohead never plays this song.  Thom Yorke has stated he dislikes it ..I'll look for a quote lol...their greatest hit. Go figure.

and concluding with an excellent cover. I need to investigate macy gray her voice sounds interesting not familiar with her music yet.

Edited by muppy