Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

The greatest Blues album IMO.

Blind Owl shines.  He was a tortured genius.  So sad that only his photo is present on cover. 

Very gifted, he might be most talented of the 27 club.

Don't mess with the Hook.

Hooker talking about Pigpen is hilarious. 

And Hook praises Blind Owl.

"I dig this cats harmonica...I don't know he follow me, but he do...I see I can't lose ya

I can’t lose him. He musta listened to my records all his life"

'Alan..Alan. Blow your horn, baby!'

Don't forget to boogie

Edited by Pete
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Another of my favorite albums (my brother initially purchased this album from Columbia House record and tape club, and I inherited it when he moved out. It actually it was 2 albums for 1 dollar, Grape jam and Wow packaged together)

On this cut Mike Bloomfield sits in on piano, and jerry Miller plays guitar.

Jerry Miller now tours with Eilien Jewel's band, and I was fortunate enough to meet him several years ago at the Grass Roots festival in Ithaca. We had all access backstage passes, I got from my nephew who was playing with Kevin Kinsella (they were former

bandmates with John Brown's Body). Anyway Eilien Jewel was playing her set, and finished up when we we're backstage. I was very impressed by her guitarist, and came over to him to tell him how much I enjoyed his playing. Not knowing who he was at the time, he introduced himself as Jerry Miller, and the name seemed familiar. I thought about it all the way home, and it finally hit me that he was the guitarist for Moby Grape.

I ran into him again at a show they did at the German House in Rochester, and told him the story of meeting him before. He actually chuckled a little and said he remembered that because at the time (when I didn't realize who he was) I had told him that he was the best guitar player I had ever heard from Idaho (that's where Eilien Jewel is from , even though he is not) 

And that's what he remembered.

Here he is jamming with her band

• Thank you (+1) 1