Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

• 2 weeks later...

There are brief moments in time I truly miss, as I root around in my dust-knoggin.

The window was really short- before the record 'execs' learned to tell us that 'grunge' was really Pearl Jam, and some 18 other variants,

That said, before music was exploited by the cynical, there was such an explosion of fantastic stuff- the crap I scoffed at at the time, see Breeders, Cannonball... anything Smashing Pumpkins) I would Kill to have be pop music nowadays. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 5:18 AM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

There are brief moments in time I truly miss, as I root around in my dust-knoggin.

The window was really short- before the record 'execs' learned to tell us that 'grunge' was really Pearl Jam, and some 18 other variants,

That said, before music was exploited by the cynical, there was such an explosion of fantastic stuff- the crap I scoffed at at the time, see Breeders, Cannonball... anything Smashing Pumpkins) I would Kill to have be pop music nowadays. 

Great call on Dinosaur Jr!  Freak Scene is probably my favorite J tune.  He does a great cover of Show Me The Way

I also dig Sebadoh

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

LOL - I just added this to one of my playlists a few days ago. 

nice.  What else made your playlist?

I'm a big fan of playlists- party mixs, girlfriends mix, workout mix, chillout, driving mix, a collection of fantastic songs, etc

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

nice.  What else made your playlist?

I'm a big fan of playlists- party mixs, girlfriends mix, workout mix, chillout, driving mix, a collection of fantastic songs, etc

I was looking for old songs that I haven't heard in awhile. Amongst others, these two stood out for me. The outro to Fat Bottomed Girls is great!

• Like (+1) 2