Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

• 2 weeks later...

After their big days were over... Jimmy Carl Black was the drummer and sometimes vocalist on some early Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention records ("Hi Boys and Girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group."). He spent the last decade of his life in Germany, specifically, in the state of Bavaria, as the leader of the European Zappa tribute band, the Muffin Men.

Black was the focus of the 2013 German documentary movie "Where's the Beer and When Do We Get Paid?".  Here is the trailer:

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Whenever I'm feeling down, i spin this up

This Kevin Gilbert cover actually shocked me

And just released for 50th Anny, I suppose that's Ian and Martin in silhouette/caricature

And the two above combined made me think, hmm when did JT do harmony vocals? I guess shortly after Ian roached his vox on the Stormwatch tour...

Bonus from the overlooked "A" album being the sublime keys/violins from prodigy Edwin Jobson, late of U.K. (with John Wetton, Allan Holdsworth & Bill Bruford)

Which reminds me of Bruford and Holdsworth teaming up with bass prodigy "Les Claypool before there was Les Claypool" Jeff Berlin leading to the pleasingly fusion "Gradually Going Tornado" album... and future teams with Kazumi Watanabe, but that's a tale for another time

And this is just because nobody knows that Marc Ford did so much better stuff before the Black Crowes poached him

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And now, for something completely different. A musical medley (mostly classical) played by a model train...

Miniatur Wunderland is Hamburg (Germany) is the largest model railroad layout in the World. As it is still closed because of the pandemic (they hope to reopen soon), they had to occupy their core employees otherwise. The video above is what they came up with.

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1