Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 3/6/2021 at 8:08 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Damn I love this band.  Phil is one of my favorite vocalists and I love COC and Crowbar - super underrated bands (2 of the best shows I have ever seen were small COC/Crowbar shows in 2019) - Pepper and Kirk are awesome.

Edited by The Avenger
  • Like (+1) 2

Dio is one one my all-time favorites and Rainbow in the Dark is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Watching this video for the umpteenth time and STILL cannot figure out what the what in God's name Ronnie is wearing on his feet - they look like they are pale purple ladies snow boots. I'm willing to believe the lighting may have distorted the true color and with RJD being so small in stature I don't begrudge the man a heel on his footwear, but WTF? Is this a trend that Tom Brady picked up later to sell Uggs?

Some of you know that, back in 2013, I was disgnosed with hepatic carcinoma (iiver cancer).  Well, oh

boy, I don’t mind telling you that I was mighty pissed off - especially when I lost my brother to the disease in September of that year.  

i went ‘away’ for a while; some of you wondered, “What happened to ‘The Senator’ ?”

Well, Roswell Park was ‘fixing me’; they’ve continued fixing me.  They’ve done a fantastic job but, on February  12 (a month ago), they found a new tumor on the left lobe, and this became my anthem once again...

PLEASE - AGAIN - NSFW

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Some of you know that, back in 2013, I was disgnosed with hepatic carcinoma (iiver cancer).  Well, oh

boy, I don’t mind telling you that I was mighty pissed off - especially when I lost my brother to the disease in September of that year.  

i went ‘away’ for a while; some of you wondered, “What happened to ‘The Senator’ ?”

Well, Roswell Park was ‘fixing me’; they’ve continued fixing me.  They’ve done a fantastic job but, on February  12 (a month ago), they found a new tumor on the left lobe, and this became my anthem once again...

PLEASE - AGAIN - NSFW

Prayers for you The Senator!  

Covers of the Beatles' "Help". Bananarama's version does not offer anything new, except that they look good in the video. The most memorable fact (IMHO) is that one of the backing vocalists is Jennifer Saunders of "Absolutely Fabulous" fame.

Deep Purple make it "heavy", using the Vanilla Fudge approach - slow it down, add some organ.

Cathy Berberian's baroque version

And finally, Australian singer John Farnham, with the Elton John approach.