Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

From more than 50 years ago: No guitars, but strings and very primitive synthesizers (pre-Moog) - way ahead of their time, including the lyrics.

Sorry, no video - they only lasted for one LP.

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/28/2021 at 8:02 PM, Limeaid said:

Barry Gibbs "Greenfields" album where he teams up doing Bee Gees songs with Nashville stars.

Bee Gees are seriously underrated in their late 60's/early 70's work. Superb craftsmen of pop songs.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:50 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Grateful Dead at their peak (imo), 1989

Most concurr that The Dead’s best live show was on 5/8/77 at Cornell University’s Barton Hall.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/grateful-dead-5-8-77-cornell-greatest-performance/

I cannot concurr, since I did not arrive at Cornell until the Fall of 1977.

(Though I did see some great concerts while I was there - Linda Ronstadt, Wet Willie, The Pretenders, Warren Zevon, et al 😎)

Living in San Francisco from 1990-1997 gave me plenty of opportunities to see Jerry Garcia in smaller intimate venues, like this one I did attend at SF’s Warfield Theater in 1991...

When he died, it was like a President had passed...the city closed and was in mourning for a week.  That body looked a lot older than 53 years! 🍺

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Senator said:

Most concurr that The Dead’s best live show was on 5/8/77 at Cornell University’s Barton Hall.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/grateful-dead-5-8-77-cornell-greatest-performance/

I cannot concurr, since I did not arrive at Cornell until the Fall of 1977.

(Though I did see some great concerts while I was there - Linda Ronstadt, Wet Willie, The Pretenders, Warren Zevon, et al 😎)

Living in San Francisco from 1990-1997 gave me plenty of opportunities to see Jerry Garcia in smaller intimate venues, like this one I did attend at SF’s Warfield Theater in 1991...

When he died, it was like a President had passed...the city closed and was in mourning for a week.  That body looked a lot older than 53 years! 🍺

I saw Kingfish live in a relatively small club in Nassau County called "My Father's Place"  around that time. The Dead had split up for a while around that time. It was great "beyond description" lol.

Real Dead Fans would hate me for this but I think that Weir's work with Kingfish was at least as good as what he did with the Dead.

• Thank you (+1) 1