Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

21 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I literally just came here to post anything off this new album but was listening to this song when i saw your post.  He's such a great songwriter.  I'm glad he got his life straight but damn, can you imagine Drive By Truckers if he was able to control his addictions?????  Day-um

The new album is very solid - been listening to it quite a bit. This is definitely high on my list of things I'll listen to when I want to listen to something that isn't as heavy as I normally listen to.

If you haven't seen it yet check out the record release concert he played with his wife in Nashville last week - he played the entire album and told some good stories - you can find it on Youtube. I must say, I do prefer the songs when he has Amanda playing fiddle - too bad the album version has so much less of that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/5/2020 at 4:27 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Is this a commentary on the Evisceration Plague lockdown?

(Note: Buffalo Barbarian got it on Page 71)

Not to worry. We are USA! USA! USA!

The Brits on the other hand...

Edited by Ralonzo
Beat to the punch! By 2 months!
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/6/2020 at 10:36 AM, The Avenger said:

Warrel Dane was a trained opera singer with a 6 octave range and man could he belt it out - check out the video starting at about 1:25

After 2 albums the band broke up and Warrel went on to front a band called Nevermore which utilized a different vocal style. Sanctuary came back in 2017 with a new album that was pretty good but sadly Warrel died in December 2017 and that was it. At least we have some really cool old stuff to listen to and just shake your head....

I liked Nevermore.

What say you of other unappreciated octave gods of metal like Matt Barlow or John Arch?

(Apologies for the volume. If this is what happens when I miss 10 pages of music thread, I need to chill)

Edited by Ralonzo
Do it live!

On 2/5/2020 at 10:27 AM, row_33 said:

time to revisit

Every time I hear this I wish it was Winter Song. That track is every bit the caliber of a Yellow Ledbetter was but nobody "discovered" it on a B side and started playing it.

(I could probably say the same for almost anything from Invisible Lantern, Buzz Factory or Uncle A, or the band Truly)

Edited by Ralonzo

13 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

If ever there was a voice to drown in.

Scott Bradlee (the piano player, arranger and founder of Post Modern Jukebox) is the nephew of a friend/client of mine. My buddy was supposed to take me to see him earlier this year, but circumstances prevented it, unfortunately.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Scott Bradlee (the piano player, arranger and founder of Post Modern Jukebox) is the nephew of a friend/client of mine. My buddy was supposed to take me to see him earlier this year, but circumstances prevented it, unfortunately.

Saw them last year at the Riviera in North Tonawanda.  Great show.

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Saw them last year at the Riviera in North Tonawanda.  Great show.

Nice venue for that kind of show, too.

Anyway, let's just add another one to the mix:

• Awesome! (+1) 1