Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Saw this band so many times in college.  They went to the same school I did and they played the town at least once a year.  Makes me smile every time I hear it.

That and a little JR and Sharon and I'm a 21 year old kid at HB Culpepper's in Indiana, PA or the Rathskeller in State College again.  The 'Skeller is closed now which sucks and I havent been back to Indiana since graduation.  Maybe this is the year I go back and become one of the old drunk-ass alumni we used to make fun of as kids.  I'm a little afraid to go back honestly because I'm NOT that 21 year old kid anymore and I don't want to wreck my mostly drunk idealized memories of that place.

mini-master class on the 4/4 shuffle from days past....

to spice up the basic 4-on-the-four time signature, toss in a shuffle, after listening to or recalling the following songs...

1)  what is the effect of this treatment of 4/4, what feels different?

2) who drives it in the song, is this unusual for a pop song?

3) how would this change your approach to dancing, if you were compelled to get on the dance floor, from normal 4/4 songs?

4) does the shuffle always lead to a song narrating a badass lifestyle? Is this too small a sample size from classic tunes?

5) what other pop songs use this effect?

• Like (+1) 1

Sanctuary - cool late 80's band with a fantastic singer.

Warrel Dane was a trained opera singer with a 6 octave range and man could he belt it out - check out the video starting at about 1:25

After 2 albums the band broke up and Warrel went on to front a band called Nevermore which utilized a different vocal style. Sanctuary came back in 2017 with a new album that was pretty good but sadly Warrel died in December 2017 and that was it. At least we have some really cool old stuff to listen to and just shake your head....

• Like (+1) 1

For all the college kids leaving campus on short notice, and if they're Seniors all the friends they may never see again...

O, all the comrades e'er I had,
They're sorry for my going away.
And all the sweethearts e'er I had,
They'd wished me one more day to stay.
But since it falls unto my lot,
That I should rise and you should not,
I gently rise and softly call,
Goodnight and joy be with you all.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/the-parting-glass-1542681