Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

In 1976 I went to see Roxy Music at the "Stadthalle Kuppelsaal" in Hannover, Germany, where I grew up. They were awesome. Full of anticipation for Bryan Ferry at al., I did not pay much attention to the opening act, Wire. Only recently I "rediscovered" them...

Edited by DrW

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Parabol/Parabola?

No?

Good tune for sure, but Eulogy and Opiate have a special place in my heart. I remember distinctly when I heard Undertow at 15 and discovered Tool. Undertow and Beavis and butthead have a special place in my heart. It was a great time to be alive 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:11 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Good tune for sure, but Eulogy and Opiate have a special place in my heart. I remember distinctly when I heard Undertow at 15 and discovered Tool. Undertow and Beavis and butthead have a special place in my heart. It was a great time to be alive 

twas a great time to be in college. 1990-1995 is one of the best periods in music history.  Tool Undertow and Janes Addiction Nothings Shocking blew me away at first listen.  I was mesmerized looking at CD jackets with Maynard enveloped with a gignormous fat lady and Casey Nicole on fire.  Smashing Pumpkins, Sublime, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, Weezer, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, Pavement, Sonic Youth, Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr, etc- phenomenal music period!

What obviously choices am I missing from great music 1990-1995?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/9/2019 at 10:36 AM, Pete said:

twas a great time to be in college. 1990-1995 is one of the best periods in music history.  Tool Undertow and Janes Addiction Nothings Shocking blew me away at first listen.  I was mesmerized looking at CD jackets with Maynard enveloped with a gignormous fat lady and Casey Nicole on fire.  Smashing Pumpkins, Sublime, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, Weezer, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, Pavement, Sonic Youth, Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr, etc- phenomenal music period!

What obviously choices am I missing from great music 1990-1995?

Alice in Chains and if your including NIN I have to put Ministry in there. Other than that it's a dam solid list if were leaving rap out of it.......Korns self titled album was pretty ground breaking as well. They were my favorite band for a spell. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1