Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

9 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Saw them in concert last week. Fun show.

Do the authorities just wait outside of their concerts and arrest all the old men leaving at the end of the show?

5 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Do the authorities just wait outside of their concerts and arrest all the old men leaving at the end of the show?

I don't get it?  There seemed to be a pretty even age distribution in the crowd. Plenty of girls, too. Cute ones, even.

Edited by Jon in Pasadena

12 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

I don't get it?  There seemed to be a pretty even age distribution in the crowd. Plenty of girls, too. Cute ones, even.

I'm guessing the vast majority of their audience is young women. And I'm (jokingly) wondering if the authorities might be interested in their few older men fans. And if you don't get that, I can't help you any further. 

36 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm guessing the vast majority of their audience is young women. And I'm (jokingly) wondering if the authorities might be interested in their few older men fans. And if you don't get that, I can't help you any further. 

Nope. The majority of their fans (like all metal groups I know of) are male.  The fact that they are fronted by cute 20-something females probably does pull in more female fans than your average metal band.

33 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Nope. The majority of their fans (like all metal groups I know of) are male.  The fact that they are fronted by cute 20-something females probably does pull in more female fans than your average metal band.

Maybe their ages are over 20 now. I heard the lead singer was 16 awhile back. Still they push the underage vibe quite a bit, don't you think?

9 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Maybe their ages are over 20 now. I heard the lead singer was 16 awhile back. Still they push the underage vibe quite a bit, don't you think?

Well, I wasn't into them when they were teeny-boppers, but I think they started their careers in another group, around age 10 or something.

Definitely early 20's is young... but not underage.   And their vibe these days is more spears & battle-flags, rather than lollipops and stuffed bears.

The mixture of Kawaii (cute) and Metal (not cute) genres is something that I found interesting...

Now if I'd put up a video of AKB48 or something, then I might have to concede your point! ?

2 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Well, I wasn't into them when they were teeny-boppers, but I think they started their careers in another group, around age 10 or something.

Definitely early 20's is young... but not underage.   And their vibe these days is more spears & battle-flags, rather than lollipops and stuffed bears.

The mixture of Kawaii (cute) and Metal (not cute) genres is something that I found interesting...

Now if I'd put up a video of AKB48 or something, then I might have to concede your point! ?

I just Googled that and I think if I posted them on here Prudy McFilter might get involved, or I could get banned!

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Is this our new theme music?

Speaking of getting banned. There are some offenses that are unforgivable. 

But no, I should not criticize another's taste in music. If you gotta love the Bieb, then love away brother. 

On 10/12/2019 at 1:55 AM, Ralonzo said:

move song

This was intended as the first part of a duet I found fascinating: two bands recording at the same time, with the same songs, with the same personnel. But one intended as a sacrifice to a record contract, and the other intended as a real new beginning. That was the story of The Move and the The Electric Light Orchestra. Thie latter was Roy Wood's dream from back in the 60's. He brought Jeff Lynne in to realize it, and he was the one to take the concept to fruition. But not before Roy left a nugget or two.

Me, I wonder what could have been with both Wood and Lynne, but it's not like this gets press like the Beatles breakup.

On the other hand it's not like they were crap when Wood left the band. 

Edited by Ralonzo