Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Something old, something new(er), something borrowed (covered), something blue

I'm a big fan of Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats; first heard about them in 2015 when their debut album was released. I got to see them up in Peoria, IL in December 2016 play for about 300 people and it was a fantastic show full of energy. 'Coolin' Out' features Lucius on backing vocals; that band is one of the supporting acts for The Night Sweats. The 'Atlantic City' cover is from "The Tonight Show" sessions, as Jimmy Fallon is a big supporter of the band. They are signed to the Staxx Label and their Soul/R 'n' B sound really exemplifies the label's history.

For context, their hit song 'SOB' (posted earlier) is about Rateliff's struggles with alcohol; how he had to kick it or booze would likely kill him.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

For the Tool fans, first glimpse of the new album:

This song put all of my fears to rest considering a 13-year hiatus from releasing new albums.  I had listed to "Invincible" on youtube from live shows (the song sounds amazing) but hearing this studio-produced track made my day.  Love it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

New album from Purple Mountains aka David Berman, his first news music in more than ten years.  I’d just gotten this album on Tuesday, Wednesday he decided to kill himself, 3 days before the start of his tour.  I listened to the album on Thursday and immediately realized that it was basically his suicide note.  He was in Silver Jews with Steven Malkmus of Pavement fame previously.  The dude was very dark and clearly very troubled, but damn did he create some good music.  Sorry to bring the mood of this thread down.

• Like (+1) 1