Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 6/29/2019 at 5:39 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I they did Bertha same show May 9, 1977... I think they opened with it? Good selection (as you can tell by the DeadHeads) considering The Blizzard! Band was thinking!

You know it was going to be an incredible show when the dead opens with Bertha!  That Buffalo show is pretty legendary.

As a side note, Phish is playing Tuesday and Wednesday at Mohegan Sun.  I don’t think the Sun has any idea what kind of scene and is about to flood their place lol

Edited by Pete
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/1/2019 at 1:51 PM, row_33 said:

still rings out loud and clear and true 45 summers later...

I heard this crazy tale! Somebody was telling me they always thought, when they were a child, Gordon Lightfoot was singing:

"...Sundown you better take care
If I find you been drinkin' my Labatt's beer
Sundown ya better take care
If I find you been drinkin' my back Labatt's beer..."

Now, how would have a 6 year old (1974) gotten a silly idea like that into their head??!!  I guess the same way a 51 year old gets silly ideas in his noggin, oh so brilliant melon today!! LMAO... ? Just don't tell @Cripple Creek & @BringBackFergy , "That Guy" (who shall remain nameless) will NEVER hear the end of it... They're, them two, are real rocket surgeons... Almost like pit bull terriers!

Better Chick YouTube version:

On 7/3/2019 at 9:10 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

REM Double feature

Superman is a cover version, FWIW.  If anybody didn't know.

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I heard this crazy tale! Somebody was telling me they always thought, when they were a child, Gordon Lightfoot was singing:

Now, how would have a 6 year old (1974) gotten a silly idea like that into their head??!!  I guess the same way a 51 year old gets silly ideas in his noggin, oh so brilliant melon today!! LMAO... ? Just don't tell @Cripple Creek & @BringBackFergy , "That Guy" (who shall remain nameless) will NEVER hear the end of it... They're, them two, are real rocket surgeons... Almost like pit bull terriers!

Better Chick YouTube version:

I remember 8th grade way before internet, through the magic of college radio, and word of mouth- hearing Radio Free Europe and it sounded so fresh and exciting....there was much buzz about Murmur and Superman.  To this day still my favorite Rem album.  

Rem was huge in my highschool years 1983-87.  Then there was alternative radio.  Decades later a lot crossed over into mainstream. But for awhile it was underground.  And it was our music!

• Like (+1) 1

stuck at the office until 2am tonight, it's about 90 as the AC is off..

this has played a few times in loop to help out...

On 7/5/2019 at 7:54 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Labbat's Blue in a stubby, recycled two dozen times that you couldn't tell the beer level remaining under sunlight.

a go-to album for convalescing from ratrate burn-out

the second side, started with You & Me is the perfect combo of laid back Evangelical Christian thought, TM, LSD (after the circus 60s) and a superb bass-driven rocker are a good combo.

and Pinder's work on the Chamberlain was unique and wonderful