Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 2/14/2019 at 12:06 PM, row_33 said:

one of the the better all-time difficulty projects,  recorded bar by bar....

I remember, from my own failed attempts, that the Chopin-Godowsky etudes are phenomenally difficult to play, but I must confess, I do not hear the original Copin etude this was intended to embellish!

EDIT : My bad - I just realized this is not a Chopin-Godowski etude, but a C.V. Alkan piece.  Doesn’t really look or sound that difficult, as the left and right hands are doing the exact same thing, an octave apart.

Edited by The Senator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/14/2019 at 12:14 PM, row_33 said:

Chopin's Etudes are difficult enough, Godowsky's embellished them, and Hamelin plays them, have seen it once.

Now this one is more easily recognizable.

Marc-Andre Hamelin is one of the finest pianists alive, but I do prefer Chopin’s own version to Godowsky’s much slower, more heavily textured adaptation

Here it is, played wonderfully by Valentina Latitsa...

You might also enjoy Moritz Moszkowki’s ‘15 Etudes de Virtuosite’...

Edited by The Senator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, DrW said:

Another interesting combination...

Some of the comments are hilarious, such as:

"Another Yoko Ono masterpiece ruined by John Lennon and Frank Zappa"

It’s hard to ruin a good song worse than Donna Godchaux, but Yoko is the Mohammed Ali of sabotaging a great song.  Is Yoko the most hated women ever?  Or did Hilary steal that title from her?

56 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I remember, from my own failed attempts, that the Chopin-Godowsky etudes are phenomenally difficult to play, but I must confess, I do not hear the original Copin etude this was intended to embellish!

EDIT : My bad - I just realized this is not a Chopin-Godowski etude, but a C.V. Alkan piece.  Doesn’t really look or sound that difficult, as the left and right hands are doing the exact same thing, an octave apart.

Thanks!

Who says rock is dead? The best band you've likely never heard of, Big Wreck, dropped the first single from their new album yesterday....and no that's not Chris Cornell raised from the dead on vocals.

This is how you give a nod to the mighty Zeppelin without completely ripping them off.  Greta Van Fleet I'm looking at you...

Someone mentioned Keb Mo a few posts ago.  He does a lot of stuff with Taj.  Love this little tune.  Blues / Reggae / Zydeco sound.  Also, check out Keb and Taj doing Corinna, f it, i'll just post that too (if i haven't already).  I mean how can you go wrong with lyrics like "got a rainbow round my shoulder, shine like silver, baby look like klondike gold"  Epitome of coolness.

Edited by Mark80