(LAMP) They are right... it goes quick!

plenzmd1

Sitting here waiting for my daughters last swim at Champs. She has been swimming since 8, and it's off to college and hopefully getting to see her swim 2-3 times a year as opposed to 2-3 times a month.

I rememeber starting a thread in here when she qualified for her first state champs, wondering if I should let her miss the day of school.

10 years and prolly twenty weeks of missed school later, we have come to the end of her age group career.

She, and we , have had a great time and made life long friends from swimming.

Go to as much of your kids stuff as ya can, can't believe ten years can go by in what seems like 10 months!

My son has one @ Iowa under his belt... Now moving to off campus apartment. Daughter starting sophomore year, high school. Shes 15, now I gotta take her out driving with the learner's permit. Holy Ph*ck!

I am hemorrhaging. Did I say I am hemorrhaging faster than I can drain Lake Michigan? LoL....

Daughter and CGF will hit Italy before me!

:-)

One of the reasons I changed careers was to have the flexibility to be at every single event. Some of the best times of my life. Not just living vicariously through their play (they were usually at or near the top of the roster), but for seeing them grow up, be challenged, build relationships and learn to lead. Some of our very best friendships were built around the hotel pool with a stack of pizzas on the table, the kids screaming and playing and the dads with a cooler of beer.

I clearly remember watching the tuck rule game in 2002 while the kids were playing in the pool (we were in SW Florida, Naples I believe). My son happens to be here at the moment and he clearly remember it too. Another time they had to forfeit the first game of a tournament because we were trying to get to Tampa and traffic stopped in I-275. There was a jumper on the Skyway bridge and we were stuck for hours while they tried to talk him down (ultimately failing). It's the only time (I hope!) our kids have dribbled around playing basketball on an Interstate.

Some of our most fond family memories come from those days. Had they not been so active, I doubt we'd have remembered the day they set a new X-Box personal best. Savor those times, my friends!

I've got a 10 month old and he's about to start walking! Trying for number 2! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goes in a blink. One minute I am in your shoes, other teaching then to drive stick and sending them off to college.

Yesteday was "hill class" with the clutch. Hold that vehicle on the hill without a brake. LoL... Teaching them how to drive a stick on a hill in Illinois. It was hard finding a hill! Had to drive to Lemont, Illinois to find anything remotely steep. :-/

Sitting here waiting for my daughters last swim at Champs. She has been swimming since 8, and it's off to college and hopefully getting to see her swim 2-3 times a year as opposed to 2-3 times a month.

I rememeber starting a thread in here when she qualified for her first state champs, wondering if I should let her miss the day of school.

10 years and prolly twenty weeks of missed school later, we have come to the end of her age group career.

Go to as much of your kids stuff as ya can, can't believe ten years can go by in what seems like 10 months!

That's awesome, Plenz.

"It goes quick," is one of those things we hear as parents from the day the first child (only, in my case) is born.

What amazes me is looking at pictures of my son just 2 years ago (when he was 12) and looking at him now. The rate of growth and maturity in that short span of time (which has flown) is mind-blowing.

I can't believe in less than 2 years, I'll be teaching him how to drive; it seems like 3 years ago that he had the battery-powered F-150, cruising around the yard.

Congrats to 10 years of swimming and best of luck to your daughter in college.

my youngest has his final Champs for Southside Swim League Friday/Saturday. I am not going to make it down from Philly for it, but my middle son is going down to watch.

This is making me tear up! I have three little ones under age 6 and I already feel it is going too fast.

I completely understand. You're coming to grips with how close you are to all that college tuition, right? :)

Seriously, we did the Florida pre-paid for our kids when they were very little. What a friggin bargain! We were also able to transfer between kids for the younger to help with his masters. Very flexible and convenient. I bet they have wised up on what a bargain that is.

Edited by Augie

Smart man!

We have 1 so far that we are buying tuition credits for

Through a 529. We ether have to start with the other two, or they are on their own!

WSJ had interesting article today about how college costs are coming back in line with inflation for the first time in decades. Maybe that helps. College is like a factory, a lot of infrastructure and should be fully utilized. No reason to shut it down (basically) for the summer or long breaks. The kids don't need to go harvest the fields, and DO need to get ready for work in the real world. Terribly inefficient and expensive.

That's awesome, Plenz.

"It goes quick," is one of those things we hear as parents from the day the first child (only, in my case) is born.

What amazes me is looking at pictures of my son just 2 years ago (when he was 12) and looking at him now. The rate of growth and maturity in that short span of time (which has flown) is mind-blowing.

I can't believe in less than 2 years, I'll be teaching him how to drive; it seems like 3 years ago that he had the battery-powered F-150, cruising around the yard.

Thanks to all for the kind words.. but man it hit hard at that meet as swimming was such a big part of her(and ours) lives.

my youngest has his final Champs for Southside Swim League Friday/Saturday. I am not going to make it down from Philly for it, but my middle son is going down to watch.

Her summer league champs are tomorrow Pooj..and summer swim is what got her into year round swimming. Now she is a swimmer/coach at Southhampton, awesome to watch all the 7 and 8-year-olds in their first meets and her working with them...makes papa proud!!!

Course, she is a knuckleheaded teenager and drives me crazy and pisses me off her fair amount as well!

And Augie and JR, the 529 plans are great. It's amazing what even $25 a week can add up to over 14 years or so.

And Boyst..(if you watch Ballers)..based on your posts, and no kids..sure you got swimmers? :nana::lol:

Edited by plenzmd1

That's awesome, Plenz.

Illinois learner's permit is at 15 with Driver's Ed in class course. My daughter just took it over summer for 4 weeks. Turned 15 in April. Easy A+.

I still can't picture my baby girl driving... Can she can reach the pedals? Soaking wet, weighs like 90 pounds. Is this an issue with the airbags? My God, she's driving. I am too damn type A!

And... CONGRATS Plenz!

Illinois learner's permit is at 15 with Driver's Ed in class course. My daughter just took it over summer for 4 weeks. Turned 15 in April. Easy A+.

I still can't picture my baby girl driving... Can she can reach the pedals? Soaking wet, weighs like 90 pounds. Is this an issue with the airbags? My God, she's driving. I am too damn type A!

And... CONGRATS Plenz!

She's out of a car seat, right? She will be fine. It's hard to imagine, and you're scared to death at first, but that's natural. Limit when she drives and especially how many people can be in the car. That is critically important. Trust me on that.

She's out of a car seat, right? She will be fine. It's hard to imagine, and you're scared to death at first, but that's natural. Limit when she drives and especially how many people can be in the car. That is critically important. Trust me on that.

Yep! She's taller than her mother... LoL.

But sits in the passenger front and the damn smart airbag disables. I think that is set to 100 lbs.

Illinois is progressive licensing up to 20 years old. Pretty strict and well defined rules through the phases. Full licensing phase begins @ 20 I think. I will ease her in behind wheel like we did with my son.

That's awesome man good for you for being there.

I could not imagine missing one of my kids games

CBF

My wife & I talk about that all the time, what are we going to do when the kids are done playing sports. Perfect example is today, my son plays tonight to kickoff the tournament he is in under the lights. We will bring a cooler & have a few beverages & enjoy the evening. I have been looking forward to it all day. Friday he has the early game @ 3. We are bringing the grill out for afterwards & make a night of it. All the parents are bringing something.

My wife & I talk about that all the time, what are we going to do when the kids are done playing sports. Perfect example is today, my son plays tonight to kickoff the tournament he is in under the lights. We will bring a cooler & have a few beverages & enjoy the evening. I have been looking forward to it all day. Friday he has the early game @ 3. We are bringing the grill out for afterwards & make a night of it. All the parents are bringing something.

Any milfs?