The Kodi Thread

/dev/null

I don't know how sds or mods feel about that sort of thing so I kind of operate on the "if you don't know it's okay, don't do it" principle. it's in your pms tho

Gotcha! I appreciate it.

If I have successfully loaded Mobdro, where do I find the Bills game?

When I turned on CBS about half an hour ago it was showing the local Buffalo pregame. At 10 it turned to the CBS national broadcast, so I'm not sure what will happen at 11. Hoping it stays with local Buffalo feed.

Sorry...I'm talking in my local time. 12/1 east coast.

Edit: They just cut away to local broadcast and they're still on Buffalo. Looking good.

Edited by Acantha

Gotcha! I appreciate it.

When I turned on CBS about half an hour ago it was showing the local Buffalo pregame. At 10 it turned to the CBS national broadcast, so I'm not sure what will happen at 11. Hoping it stays with local Buffalo feed.

Sorry...I'm talking in my local time. 12/1 east coast.

Edit: They just cut away to local broadcast and they're still on Buffalo. Looking good.

Yes, it came in on there fine, a bit of buffering issues, but the price was right.

Your ISP isn't going to come after you unless you are hosting the streams.

Technically they could come after you but the time and effort is better spent going after the hosts or blocking the host IPs

Setting up a VPN is easy. When you get it set up let me know if the VPN is worth the cost

My cousin actually got a letter in the mail from her ISP warning them to stop downloading movies etc. and they weren't hosting. I don't remember the exact wording of the letter or what they said the consequences were. Maybe it was just a threat and no action would have been taken.

But it definitely would have freaked me out if it happened to me.

My cousin actually got a letter in the mail from her ISP warning them to stop downloading movies etc. and they weren't hosting. I don't remember the exact wording of the letter or what they said the consequences were. Maybe it was just a threat and no action would have been taken.

We're they streaming via Kodi or downloading via Torrent?

Torrent will get your ISPs attention because your download becomes part of the upload pool and are thus hosting content.

I've reached level 6 offender with Verizon, they send letters, the worst i have had to endure is 48 hours of throttled back internet speed.

Your ISP isn't going to come after you unless you are hosting the streams.

Technically they could come after you but the time and effort is better spent going after the hosts or blocking the host IPs

Setting up a VPN is easy. When you get it set up let me know if the VPN is worth the cost

which VPN do you use?

If I have successfully loaded Mobdro, where do I find the Bills game?

Charlotte

• 1 year later...

Kodi is simply a media player and it does not have any content of its own. We need to source the content either from the local storage or the internet. If you want to stream movies and shows, you will need add-ons. An add-on is a bridge between Kodi on your Firestick and the huge pool of content on the internet.

Edited by itsmejerry04

On 7/23/2017 at 5:14 PM, Augie said:

I went to Wiki to get a clue, but left even more confused..... :(

I am clueless too; after reading the first few posts I concluded I'd rather swallow razor blades than delve into this crap...

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

The Kodi craze has peaked

For TV and movies, look at Titanium TV.

For live sports, Reddit

Sanctuary is the only add-on I know of that still has plenty of feeds on Kodi.  Watching Ray Donovan currently with no issues.  But Tea TV and Titanium have many more users now, so better to go through one of those sites for content.

33 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Sanctuary is the only add-on I know of that still has plenty of feeds on Kodi.  Watching Ray Donovan currently with no issues.  But Tea TV and Titanium have many more users now, so better to go through one of those sites for content.

So here is the question, how do you load Titanium or Tea TV onto the stick? I know I followed youtube to load Kodi, but what do I need to do to load the others? Its lamost like a new setup comes out every 3 weeks

My fire stick stopped working. 

Ive tried adding on new programs to find movies/shows/sports etc. but no luck.

It always says that it’s “unable to find any streams”.

Anyone have any ideas? 

I read that it could be my ISP blocking me from using it?  and that I need a VPN if that’s the case. 

Also, I haven’t updated Kodi since I got it. It’s still running Jarvis 16.1. 

I don’t know if that has anything to do with it? I never updated to Krypton because I read people were getting cease and desist letters in the mail after updating. Don’t know if that’s true or not but I decided not to update just in case. It worked fine for a long time running Jarvis (after Krypton came out), so I’m not really sure that’s the problem...

I was able to get the last 3 or 4 Bills game via reddit....worked incredibly well for the most part, couple of glitches here and there, but clear picture quality and it saved me wasting money on that team at bars this year

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The Kodi craze has peaked

For TV and movies, look at Titanium TV.

For live sports, Reddit

6 hours ago, Guffalo said:

So here is the question, how do you load Titanium or Tea TV onto the stick? I know I followed youtube to load Kodi, but what do I need to do to load the others? Its lamost like a new setup comes out every 3 weeks

Same way you installed Kodi.  Use the Downloader app to install the APK for Titanium TV

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

My fire stick stopped working. 

Ive tried adding on new programs to find movies/shows/sports etc. but no luck.

It always says that it’s “unable to find any streams”.

Anyone have any ideas? 

I read that it could be my ISP blocking me from using it?  and that I need a VPN if that’s the case. 

Also, I haven’t updated Kodi since I got it. It’s still running Jarvis 16.1. 

I don’t know if that has anything to do with it? I never updated to Krypton because I read people were getting cease and desist letters in the mail after updating. Don’t know if that’s true or not but I decided not to update just in case. It worked fine for a long time running Jarvis (after Krypton came out), so I’m not really sure that’s the problem...

Could be a number of things

Your ISP is unlikely to block you specifically from using it.  They may however be blocking some of the content providers, especially any outside the US

Most likely your add-ons are out of date.  Your repositories are probably out of date as well.  

The version of Kodi that you are running probably won't affect playback, but will definitely affect scripting.  The scripting is what the add-ons use to find streams.  So while you don't necessarily have to update Kodi to Krypton to play the video back, you probably should update it to keep your add-ons up to date.

Oh, and there was a massive security bug a year or so ago.  So it might be time to update

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, The Poojer said:

I was able to get the last 3 or 4 Bills game via reddit....worked incredibly well for the most part, couple of glitches here and there, but clear picture quality and it saved me wasting money on that team at bars this year

Did you have to enter your credit card info, even though they said they would not charge you?

13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Cable companies to counter cord cutters by raising prices on customers who haven't cut the cord yet

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/att/2019/01/04/att-dish-comcast-raising-cable-tv-rates-counter-cord-cutting

The lets raise the rates strategy.   The only thing I get out of something like that is more incentive to cut the cord.   I have to wonder if they have a program that tries to specify the cost that will generate the maximum revenue.