Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why people get upset over stuff like this. He moved from literally the most insignificant team in the NFL to the one that is held in the highest regard. It sucks that Buffalo is but a blip in the NFL but it's true.

I equally don't get why people get so upset when fans give players a little ribbing when they post something like this.

Who cares that Buffalo fans are giving him some exaggerated crap over the tweet? Of course there might be some fans taking it way too seriously but it's funny reading or hearing about the banter.

I don't get why people get upset over stuff like this. He moved from literally the most insignificant team in the NFL to the one that is held in the highest regard. It sucks that Buffalo is but a blip in the NFL but it's true.

Cleveland...Jacksonville...are more insignificant.

We can change that...just win

Once Gilmore became a patriot...he became the enemy

Period...what he says means less to me then nothing.

Are you putting war paint on your face right now? I bet you are.

I'm not upset he left. I'm not surprised he got the mega deal he expected. I am surprised he got that offer from the Pats before they took care of their own DB (Butler) who I feel is a better player than Gilmore. You can't help but think Belicheck knows that Gilmore would excel on better team as did Hogan. But I don't understand why they placed more value on Gilmore than Butler. Nobody would be talking about their fourth SB win if not for Butler. Not Brady, Butler.

Guest NeckBeard

For all the knocks that Gilmore takes about posting junk like this, why is anyone surprised? Do people not remember his demeanor after having been picked by the Bills? It wasn't Eli-level sulky, but it was sucky if memory serves.

For all the knocks that Gilmore takes about posting junk like this, why is anyone surprised? Do people not remember his demeanor after having been picked by the Bills? It wasn't Eli-level sulky, but it was sucky if memory serves.

His demeanor is pretty low key and should not be interpreted as any kind of slight against Buffalo. But of course........

This doesn't effect my day in the least, but if the guy wants to take a jab at the Bills he deserves to be unloaded on by the fan base. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

stating facts =/= a jab at the Bills

its a stone cold fact that the Patriots play more nationally televised games than the Bills.

Gilmore is hardly a health risk.

He's missed 11 games during the middle 3 years of his 5-year career. And that mostly while avoiding contact whenever possible. With the Cheaters, they "expect more"...like tackling.

its a stone cold fact that the Patriots play more nationally televised games than the Bills.

True. And did you see the tweet that followed? It said "water is wet."

If he couldn't foresee the context it would be taken in, then he's pretty simple. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a subtle dig.

Guest NeckBeard

His demeanor is pretty low key and should not be interpreted as any kind of slight against Buffalo. But of course........

He wasn't a problem guy when he was here, and I perceived him as a better than average player. I just remember him being drafted and wondering if he'd wanted to be here, or if he'd want to stay. But still it comes to mind that if his price tag was out of the Bills' range, that he would flee, and he did.

inferiority complex.

The most buffalo thing there is, is to care about these stupid city rankings publishers put out and you are not allowed to speak bad about the city ever.

I don't think it's so much an "inferiority" thing, I think it's what this fanbase has been reduced to: rooting 'against' everything because we've had nothing to root 'for' in a long, long time.

Like how many visiting guys get booed at Sabres games because they played here at one time? A lot. For what good reason? Because some of them somehow escaped sports purgatory?

"Boo that man! He's on a different team now!!". Eh. I'd rather root for our guys than be a "jaded ex".

He wasn't a problem guy when he was here, and I perceived him as a better than average player. I just remember him being drafted and wondering if he'd wanted to be here, or if he'd want to stay. But still it comes to mind that if his price tag was out of the Bills' range, that he would flee, and he did.

The first half of your sentiment, I can say I felt the same way. Which a part of me is pleased with the White selection because the kid was grinning ear to ear and genuinely seemed appreciative of the Bills selecting him. The other half was annoyed since we had to draft another first round CB.